eight

"the more you love, the more you suffer" - Vincent Van Gogh ***

***

My cheeks heat up at his compliment and I look down. Stephen chuckles and leaves the bathroom. I follow him and goes into the closet. He closes the door and stays in there for a while He must be changing.

I stand there awkwardly in the middle of his bedroom in just a towel. He finally comes back out in a black shirt and pair of black jeans. He motions for me to go into the closet and I walk in, closing the door behind me.

I put on a skirt and a sweater. I would have rather worn a pair of sweats, like the ones I was wearing but they were still in the bathroom and I wasn't going to risk as incident like last time. The skirt and the sweater were the only items there besides underwear.

I get finish changing and exit the closet. Stephen is sitting on the bed, scrolling through his phone. He looks me up and down and suddenly wish I was just wearing sweat pants again.

"You look lovely Bella,"

I just look down and play with my fingers. His feet soon come into my vision and when I looked straight, I realized my face was only a few inches from his broad chest. I swallow the lump in my throat and look up to make eye contact with him.

"Come on,"

He takes my hand and leads me to his office again. I swear this man does nothing but work.

I watch him as he sits down at his desk and he soon begins his work. I see a bookshelf and make my way over to it.

I find a book about leadership and scan the pages. It should occupy me for a while. I sit down on the coach and flip through the pages. I wasn't really reading it. I couldn't read it. I was too concerned about the man only several feet away from me.

A few hours pass by and I put down the book. You know that feeling that someone is staring at you? I felt that, and very strongly. I looked over at Stephen and he was gazing at me. Once I made eye contact, he clenched his jaw and looked down at his desk. He stands up and then walks towards me.

He stand by the couch, in front of where I'm sitting and he holds out his hand.

I slowly take it.

"Are you hungry?" he asks as we walk to the kitchen.

I slowly nod and he leaves my side once we enter the kitchen. I sit at the bar and soon a plate of pancakes in front of me. Stephen sets down his plate next to me and then a glass of water for each of us.

He sits down and his arm brushes mine. I readjust it so that it wouldn't happen again.

"Thank you, Stephen," I squeak out and slowly look over at him.

He smiles, showing off his perfect teeth. "You're welcome,"

After we finish eating he takes my plate and puts it in the sink. I get off the chair and stand there, not knowing what to do. He gives me a small smile before leaving the kitchen and I stand there not knowing what just happened.

Did he just leave me alone? Unsupervised? That's very trusting of him considered that there's a hug patio door right there. I walk over to it, looking behind my shoulder to make sure he isn't there and my hand reaches blindly for the knob, but I when I don't find it my eyes shoot towards the door.

There isn't a door knob. How is that even possible? Does he just not use this door?

I hear him coming back and I quickly go to where I was before. He walks in and I see he is holding my old shoes. He hands them to me and a pair of socks.

"Come on baby doll we are going to the mall," Stephen said. "And don't even think about escaping because I will find you."

I sit down on the chair and slowly put on my shoes. He's wild if he thinks I'm really not going to try to escape.