Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

"Your wife is stable now,she's asleep but she almost had a miscarriage,I will explain some things to you if you'd kindly follow me to my office" The doctor explained carefully.

And a chorus of Alhamdulillah followed.

"I'll come for the explanations later,Can I see her now?" Ahmad asked following the doctor in a tow.

"Yes you can,they've moved her to room 2" The doctor smiled.

"Thank you" Ahmad said sprinting towards the room forgetting about the rest of the people waiting to hear a feedback.

"Ahmadu kenan" Hajiya Turai hissed taking her hand bag.

"Hajiya where are you going?" Zarah asked her collecting the bag.

"Home,The situation doesn't call for a celebration,she's still with the baby" Hajiya Turai fumed whispering the words to Zarah.

Mama,Safaa's mother sensed Hajiya Turai's sadness on the news but she didn't probe,she's aware of the disdain Hajiya Turai has for Safaa but she never talked to her or ask her to try loving her daughter though she knows it's something that has been bugging her daughter for years now.She simply waited for the time they will be called to see Safaa.She was glad they are safe,Safaa is her only child and losing her might trigger her father's ailment and it will be an unimaginable situation for all her loved ones.

🍀🍀

Ahmad reached the room and watched his wife weakly sleeping on the hospital bed looking so fragile and exhausted.He sat beside the bed and took her cold hands in his kissing it gently.

"I'm sorry" He whispered wiping an oblivious tear,He can't even remember the last time he cried.

After a while Safaa opened her heavy eyes and closed them briefly,the light emanating from the bulbs of the room blinded her view and made her uncomfortable and she somehow preferred the darkness,something she abhorred just some hours ago.The smell of disinfectants that hit her nose  quickly made her realise she's in a hospital.

"Just sleep sweetheart" Ahmad cooed.

She slowly opened her eyes adjusting them to the lights before talking.

"My baby" She touched her tummy to feel it.

"Our baby is fine Safaa,you're all alright" He calmly explained.

"Alhamdulillah" She whispered softly crying.

"Sweetheart I told you to tell me whenever you feel sick,why didn't you inform me?"

"You were with Zarah and you didn't pick my call" She smiled painfully.

"I didn't see your call,forgive me please" He carefully hugged her letting her cry in his arms.

"I have been feeling the pain since Zarah pushed..." She began telling him but then remembered she's promised herself never to inform him about what transpired between Zarah and her.

"What?" He asked her placing her head back on the pillow.

"It's nothing I want to sleep now" She yawned closing her eyes.

"Alright babe" He kissed her forehead trying to maintain his calm.

He observed her until her breathing became heavy and stormed out of the room angrily.Safaa wanted to tell him something about Zarah but stopped mid way and he has to find out.

"Zarah" He sternly gripped her wrist and dragged her out of the ER.

He stopped by the entrance when she pulled her hands away.