Too late for that

I nodded my head before walking out the door and into my car. It was hot as fuck so I was quick to blast the A/C and pull out of my driveway to Jilani's place.

Over the past two months I've completely kept to myself and not even thought about anyone else. I haven't even thought about school, luckily for me Kam was on top of everything for me. I've had thoughts about accepting the other offer that I got from another school. Only pondering the fact because I don't want to be around McKenzie and I definitely don't want to be around that fuck boy either.

I have a lot to think about and change before I move to Tally. Maybe I'll finally have everything figured out before we have to move in to our apartment but I'm not completely sure. Kam will probably try to set me up with another dude but I think I'll just maneuver my way around these niggas for the time being. They're for everyone nowadays and I don't have the time or the energy to get played again. I'm out of emotions right now.

I finally pulled into Jilani's place and cut off my car.

Me: Open the door

I waited till he walked out shirtless in just some ballers and slides on. If I didn't think he was fine before, I definitely think he is fine now. He walked over to my car as I got out.

"Look who's back from the dead." He smiled

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up stupid. You knew where I was."

We walked into his house and up to his room

"I did but I wasn't important enough for you to answer my calls or open your room door for." He playfully pouted

"I wasn't answering anyones calls J. I was just trying to get my emotions together since that fuck boy wanted to play me."

"You want me to handle him? My niggas can find him and end him Tee just say the word."

"No thanks. Fuck him, I'm over him and the situation. Never getting my heart broken ever again."

He let out a small chuckle, "Well you're not the only person that got their heart broken in Atlanta.."

Our eyes met for a second before I looked back down at the ground, "Your little boo didn't work out or something?"

"Shorty was playing me the whole time. Had a whole nigga living with her that she been with for 3 years. Just when I thought I found the one, she got my ass; she got me good too."

"She don't know what she's missing. You're a good dude J." I assured him while taking a seat on his bed

We sat in a calming silence for a few minutes as he rolled a blunt. I grabbed one of his remotes and took it upon myself to play a little 2K17 to keep myself occupied.

"Where is everyone?" I asked

"Puerto Rico."

It totally slipped my mind that his family goes back home every summer to see their family back there.

"And you didn't go because..."

He shrugged, "Had my head up a bitch ass that was playing me the whole time."

I shook my head, "We some sad mother fuckers."

"Nigga I aint lock myself in my room for 2 months." He joked before passing me a blunt that he lit "That was all you."

I took a pull before letting out a small laugh, "Whatever nigga. I'm just saying how we both get played like some sorry niggas. I'm done getting played, I'm about to start playing the game."