Chapter 9~The Army Brat

I’m in my car driving to the graduation dinner with Kammeron and Akemi. And Kammeron is making me continue my life love story. Akemi missed the first part but she’ll be here for the rest. Yeah yeah yeah…freshman year I was young and naïve. I thought I could handle being with someone older-the lies I told myself. But believe me it gets worse after freshman year. My sophomore year was cake till the relationship that was shining brighter than the stars messed up and it wasn’t either of our faults. –Tee

“So….” Kammeron started slowly, “On to the next one.”

“Who’s the next one?” Akemi questioned

Kam brought all attention to me, “She knows.”

So the summer of my going into sophomore year I met this guy named Castiel. He was really cool and a complete gentleman. We met at the park ironically he was new to Miami and new the US for the simple fact that he was from the UK. He was born in London and moved here when his dad got re-stationed (army brat). He had the cutest accent in the world. He was mixed with black, white, and Puerto Rican. How did that mixed breed end up in the UK-Lord knows. He had a little bad boy in him with the tats he had and I loved it. He was protective and didn’t play about himself and what he calls “his”. And I happened to be one of his and he didn’t play about me.

I was doing my morning run around the park pathway listening to my music of course. I went up the hill, pass the water fountains, and around the lake. There are usually a few kids playing around by the lake-looking at the koi fish. Because I ran usually mid-day there were many people walking their dogs so you could say there were people there, but not too much to make it a crowd. So I was running around the lake and just my luck I get ran over by a bike. I literally got ran over by a biker. believe me I was heated but when I saw who it was, I forgot I even got ran over.

"I'm so sorry beauty. I wasn't paying attention." he said with high concern in his voice.

I chuckled, "It's fine. Really don't worry about it."

He let out his hand helping me up, "I'm Castiel."

I dusted myself off and replied, "I'm Teanna."

We stood in awkward silence looking everywhere but at each  other

"Well...I should really get back to my run. I'm sure you have to finish your bike ride and what not."

I began running away and finishing my run and he pulls up on his bike next to me,

"You know stalking is illegal Castiel."

He laughed, "It's not stalking if you do it so bluntly"

"Well try not to do it so bluntly so I can call the cops for a loose stalker on the street."

"I'm just trying to get your attention beauty."

I reached the end of my run, "Its Teanna."

"Well I'm sorry. Girls usually say thank you to that."

I sipped my water, "I can't help but notice your accent. UK?"

"Is it that strong of an accent?" he questioned

I chuckled, "A little bit. What are you doing here? In Miami of all places."