Chapter 32- We dived too deep

A few days later, Hagrid sent word through the third- years that he would be hosting a ''Support Harry Potter'' party in his cabin.

'Don't you think that it's a bit-' I ventured.

'Foolhardy?' Ginny completed.

'Probably courageous, but on the whole, yes, foolhardy' Neville concluded.

'But we have to go! Ginny, send word to the others with that coin of yours' I said. Ginny looked at me incredulously. 'What?'

'Tell the others' I stated simply.

'You kidding me or what?' Ginny said. 'Writing messages on the wall is okay, there was no proof that we did it. But going to a-'

'Look who's talking. Your plan nearly got us expelled the last time. Don't you support Harry?'

'Of course I do, Y/N, but this is plain ridiculous! Neville, tell her!'

'I think we should go, yeah, we should! It's going to raise our spirits after all!' Neville said, at which Ginny glared at him.

'Fine, let us all suffer together' she said angrily.

'If we're caught' I said,  calmly.

All of us set out in the evening, right before curfew, to Hagrid's cabin. We came in groups of three and four; Hagrid positively beamed at us. Overall, it was a great chance for us to bond together, without looking suspicious too others.

'Pass me a Butterbeer, won't you?'

'Oi, you can't drink Firewhiskey!'

'Ugghh Hagrid this cake broke my teeth.'

'Is that the noise I heard then? Of your tooth cracking?'

'What noise?'

'Oh crap. He's coming' someone said, omniously.

I looked at the others, thunderstruck. 'We need to get out, and fast! Quick, hide your bottles everyone! We need to go!'

'Too late for that, Missy.'

Amycus broke the door open, leering at us widely. 'I see, the party has only just started. Gatecrashed it, haven't we?' he said. 'We?' a Ravenclaw boy stammered.

A few more Death Eaters stood at the door, all of them pointing wands at us. Hagrid jumped into action immediately. All of us pulled out our wands. 'You won't harm the students while I'm here, you evil crony!' Hagrid yelled. 'Go out now, come on, RUN!!' he said, standing in front of us and the Death Eaters and pushing us out of the back door. Hardly had he shepherded half of us out, when the Death Eaters started raining spells on us. A few of us stayed back and fought them. Hagrid just viciously threw them out with his bare hands.

Ginny seemed to be paralyzed- she wanted to leave, but she wanted to fight too. Similar was the situation with the rest of us. We all undersood what was going to happen. They were forcefully removing Hagrid from the castle, him being a Dumbledore and Harry Potter supporter and everything. Hagrid yelled over the ruckus- 'Don't worry about me, I'll be fine! GO!! Go before they get you!' The spells that the Death Eaters tried on him seemed to have no effect. Only, his cabin had caught fire in various places and Fang was howling in the most miserable way possible.

There were only a few students left; me, Ginny, Neville and Luna amongst them. Hagrid turned around, saw us, and let out a bellow of fury. 'GO I said! GO!!'

I finally realized the gravity of the situation. Hagrid would be leaving and us fighting was just worsening things. 'C'mon Ginny! We need to leave!' Ginny ducked as a spell aimed at her hit a plank of the wall. 'But how can we-'

'We have to!' Neville hollered. I pulled Colin and Ginny with my hands, towards the back door. Ginny seemed petrified; she did not want to leave- and I understood then. Hagrid to her had been someone who reminded her of Harry. How could she leave the last person who cherished and loved Harry like that? But leave we did. We ran out of the cabin, towards the castle. I could still hear Hagrid struggling and his roars of anger amidst the tumult.

Ginny seemed on the verge of tears and I had to bodily restrain her from running back. 'Ginny, please listen! Hagrid will be fine, he can take care of himself! We were putting ourselves in grave danger there! The longer we stayed, the longer Hagrid would have to fight for us!'

Luna nodded her head solemnly. Neville ran a hand across his eyes. We were fighting, but for how long? One day, either we'd be dead; or the cause we'd be fighting for would no longer keep us alive.

We went to bed that night, decreipt, damned and lost. How many people would we lose before goodness finally triumphed?