watercolour

fluffy//NAMJIN

this is based on pink haired jin because that was a legendary time

i came up with this idea at 11:48 pm and finished writing this at 11:56 pm sooooo yeH dont expect too much homies

+++

namjoon enjoyed painting. to be more specific, watercolour. sometimes he'd branch out to the odd acrylic or ink work, but his passion for watercolour was irreplaceable.

what made it irreplaceable was his subject.

seokjin.

every saturday he went to the park. every saturday he went to the same bench, set up his canvas, and every saturday he painted. he painted seokjin.  seokjin sat on the bench at the other side of the walkway to namjoon; often feeding birds or reading. not once did seokjin glance at namjoon, not once did namjoon stop.

namjoon knew that he had a strong attraction to the boy, but he was too shy to initiate anything. instead, he painted the scenery and his unknowing model, saving up the blossom haired studies in a single sketchbook. of course his friends had asked him about the boy in the paintings, but namjoon never told them anything.

pink.

green.

yellow.

those were today's main colours as he carefully swept the brush along the pages of the book. the trees around them were blossoming and in season, the early morning sun was just shining through, and of course, seokjin's hair was still that shade of pink that namjoon loved so much.

he has successfully created a subtle juxtaposition and had jin standing out against the vibrant background, book in hand and blossom hair shading his eyes.

namjoon was just about finished before he heard a voice above him.

"that's an amazing painting," they exclaimed, the figure bending beside namjoon to look excitedly. namjoon looked up to see jin had gone. yet again, missed his chance to speak to him because art came first. "who's it of?"

"oh.. just.. someone." namjoon spoke slowly. he didn't know seokjin.. personally. of course he knew all about him and followed him on every social media possible. he was his muse.

"is it of me? i think it's me. you got the hair spot on."

namjoon looked up to see none other than seokjin, smiling down at him.

"oh, uhm- yeah, it's- it's you.." he mumbled nervously. seokjin giggled.

"can i look at your other paintings?" seokjin asked, sitting next to namjoon. namjoon hesitantly passed his sketchbook over, cringing at how bad he must look. he'd painted jin every week possible for almost a year.

"these are amazing.." seokjin breathed in awe. "how come you never showed me them?"

"i thought you'd think i was some stalker, or a creep.."

"these are amazing, i can't believe you've never showed me them." the pinkette mused as he looked back up at a gawking namjoon.

"oh, how rude of me," seokjin cried, closing the sketchbook and putting it in namjoon's lap. "i'm seokjin, kim seokjin." he offered, holding out his hand.

"i know. you're blossom head."

"excuse me?"

"namjoon. i'm namjoon."