Stranger

The two boys picked their things up and hauled them up the rising stone pathway to the front door of the massive cabin. As they stood just inside the door, the elegance and charm of the place hit them full blast. It was a beautiful place. High ceilings in the living room met their gaze, a large ample fireplace sat off to the wall to the right, and in front of it, a full sofa. A coffee table adorned with flowers and the remote to the TV above the fireplace sat directly in front of the couch.

Just past the living area and up a single step were the kitchen and dining area. A square, shiny oak table sat near the large floor-length window, with two chairs set in their places. To the left was the slightly obscured kitchen where a large stove sat proudly. The kitchen's island was home to a small 'welcome kit', and the windows on the further wall streamed light in to illuminate it perfectly.

To the left and the right were bedrooms. And on the left, across from the bedroom on that side, a bathroom. Amiec remembered this from this once-over of the cabin guide back in class. He didn't care much which room he got so he turned to Envy who once again had a look of absolute bewilderment on his face. For some reason, this amused him and he chuckled under his breath.

"Have you never been to a cabin before?" He asked, only partially meaning it as a joke. There was something familiar about this boy and he couldn't put his finger on it. It was bothering him, so he decided to find out more about this guy.

"I... Well, yes." Envy blinked up at him, and the innocent expression took Amiec by surprise.

"Well, you seem sort of shocked?" He raised a brow, completely at loss with this strange Beta.

"I haven't been in one as nice as this before." A smile pulls at Envy's features and he finds himself momentarily distracted by how pleasant it was, how well it suited him. He half-shrugs and adjusts his grip on his luggage.

"Well, you can pick whichever room you like. It doesn't matter which I get." He says, and Envy turns immediately to the left.

"I'd like this one if that's okay." He says this in a small, almost apologetic manner. Amiec furrows his brow for a moment and concedes, waving his free hand in that direction.

"Go ahead." He responds, still amused at the older man's demeanor. He knew that Envy was twenty, and he himself was nineteen but as he looked at the smaller man standing in front of him, he realized that was the extent of his knowledge.

"Great. Thanks!" Envy's smile widens and a flash of pearly white teeth causes the frown to fall from his face. What the hell is going on? Why is this guy having this weird effect on him? He watches as Envy turns, and drags his things into the further room, disappearing out of sight and he sighs, lugging his own things around the couch and into the room on the right wall, next to the fireplace.

The room was quaint enough, with a large full sized bed draped with fresh linen sheets, directly ahead of him. A desk and chair along the right wall, next to a closet and a large window on left, with an amazing view of the trees parting to the lake directly behind them. He exhaled, tossing his bags on the bed, and them himself, laying flat on his back, arms outstretched. A brief view of the ceiling above and then he closes his eyes.

A flicker of a memory stirs behind his lids, and he frowns, trying to grab at the elusive thought as it passes by. Laughing, his old friends? Was this when he was in elementary? Middle? He releases his hold on the memory and watches passively as the rest plays out.

He and his friends circled around someone, laughing. Someone with the idea to hit them. More laughing.

Amiec opens his eyes, staring at the rich wood of the ceiling, dust motes floating through the air on rays of sunshine. He didn't like where that memory was taking him. The past was something he's not proud of, and sitting here drawing on those memories would only bring him more irritation and anger. He didn't want to be too much trouble to his new living partner, so he sits up, his fingers grasping along the line of zipper until he finds the clasp.

"I suppose I best put things in their places, then." He says this out loud, his voice clinging dryly to the air around him, his accent hanging heavy in the silence.

This was going to be a pain in the ass after all. He just fucking knew it.