"Yeah it was, but I still regret hurting him"

"I'm sure everything will work itself out, I always believe you two were meant to be together, and yes I know how extremely cliche and cheesy that sounds" Just as she finished her sentence I heard Janice yell out in pain and a plate dropping to the floor.

"Janice are you okay!" I yelled through the phone

"Larsha my water just broke, I'm going to be a mom" I could hear the panic in her voice and then I heard Travis in the background, thank goodness he was there with her.

"But it's early, you weren't due for another two weeks" I said starting to panic myself.

"I kno—" before she could finish Travis grabbed the phone out of her hand

"Larsha this is Travis, meet us at the hospital. And call Deandre and tell him to meet us there too" he hung up before I could say anything.

I sprung from the couch and pulled on a pair of running shoes then ran to the door phone in hand dialing Deandre's number and as I opened it there he stood.

"Do you have some kinda sixth sense or something because I haven't even knocked yet" he said smiling

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you and talk, and also apologize for today at lunch"

"You're forgiven, you have to go" I said walking out and locking the door behind me

"What, why?"

"Sorry I meant we have to go, Janice is in labor and she and Travis want us to meet them at the hospital"

"Well why didn't you say so? Let's go!"

He was headed to his car and I was headed to mine

"Larsha, what are you doing get over here I'm driving"

"I'm capable of driving myself Deandre "

"I know that woman, but it doesn't make any sense to take two cars, I'll just take you home after. So would you stop being so stubborn and get in the car"

"Fine, jeez you're so bossy" I said getting in

"And you're so unnecessarily stubborn"

"Excuse me but I remember you saying you like that about me" i said smirking

He looked over and then back on the road "I still do, it is on of the many sexy qualities you have."

"Oh..." I didn't know what to say, he still had ways of leaving me speechless.

The rest of the ride was a little awkward well for me anyway, I caught Deandre smiling to himself a couple times but i didn't say anything mostly because I didn't know what to say, and also I didn't want to complicate things especially if he's still with Alexis.

We arrived at the hospital and started making our way to the maternity ward which was in the fourth floor and resulted in us taking the elevator, again I caught Deandre smiling to himself.

"What is so funny?"

"Nothing, can't a guy just smile and be happy—" suddenly the elevator halted to a stop and the lights went out.

"Well there's nothing to be smiling about now, we're stuck in the damn elevator " I said starting to panic a little

"Calm down, I'm sure we'll get moving again soon, let me use the phone to see what's going on "

After talking to the maintenance crew for a couple minutes Deandre turned to me "so they said the elevator broke down and it's going to be at least an hour before they could get it moving again"

"Broke down? We're in a hospital for crying out loud."

He walked over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders "Calm down, an hour will fly by and I know you're only being like this because Janice is having the baby but I promise you everything will be fine when we get up there."

I leaned into him and wrapped my arms around his body "you're right, you really know how to calm me down"

"Of course I do, I'm pretty sure I know you better than I know myself" he said chuckling.

"I'm sorry" I said finally looking up at him, still wrapped in each others arms.

"What for?" He had a confused look on his face

"The way I ended things between us, it wasn't fair to you"

"I will admit I was hurt but I understand why you did it"

"I still feel like you should hate me" I felt a tear slide down my cheek

"I could never hate you Larsha, my feelings never changed I'm still so in love with you" he moved his hand to my face and caressed my cheek

"I'm in love with you too"  he slowly inched his head closer to me until his forehead rested against mine, and leaned in and his warm lips gently touched mine. I missed this feeling.