Chapter 21- Reunion

Part 2
                                                            4 years later....

Larsha

Ugh it's so damn hot, the only thing I didn't miss about Texas was this crazy ass heat, "you're doing this to be close to your family and friends because you're lonely as hell in Boston" I try to remind myself, my thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of my phone.

"Hello?"

"Larsha sweetie are you almost here? I don't know why you didn't just let me pick you up from the airport" my mom said through the phone

"Because I didn't want to be a bother, I'm taking an uber I'll be there in a little while"

"Okay, I'll see you in a little bit, and larsha I'm so happy you're back"

"Me too mom, love you see you soon"

I'm not sure if I was really glad to be back, I took the job that was offered out here because I missed my mom, the twins and Janice; but it's been four years since I've stepped foot in the in this city and besides them I didn't really have anyone here but Boston was even lonelier so I guess this was better. My uber pulled up, after loading my luggage in the car I got in and just took in the scenery of the place I called home for a short time, a place that brought me both joy and tragedy.

After a forty minute car ride I finally pulled up in front of my family home and immediately the memories came flooding back but I pushed them down, but I still couldn't suppress the urge to look over at Deandre's house. I walked up to the front door and before I could knock the door swung open and I was in an embrace with my mom.

"Oh Larsha honey, I missed you so much" she pulled away and looked at me "Oh my goodness look at you, you look gorgeous, have you lost weight?"

"Yes remember I told you I started working out"

"Oh yes silly me how could I forget, anyway come inside everyone is waiting for you"

"Everyone? Mom what did you do?"

"Nothing, I just invited over a couple people no biggie"

I groaned, sometimes I forgot how social my mom was.

When I walked in the house there were atleast twenty people in there, mostly her friends but immediately I spotted the twins and ran up to them.

"Andrew, Carla oh my goodness you guys are so grown" I said grabbing them both in a hug

"Well sis it has been four years" Andrew  said with a smirk on his face

"I know, I wish I hadn't missed seeing y'all grow up" I felt a little guilty

"Girl it's fine, we spoke every week for four years, you haven't missed anything " Carla chimed in, her attention switched from me to the door. I turned to see what she was looking at and I saw Sandra and Gabriel enter the house but no Deandre. I breathed a sigh of relief.

I turned back to my sister "So Carla so you still have a thing for Gabriel?"

She turned her attention to me and started laughing "of course I do, that boy is fine, anyway excuse me while I go make a fool of myself talking to him."

She stepped away and I moved further into the room, mostly to avoid Deandre's mom. I spotted Janice at the table sitting while Travis stood there telling some joke that made her laugh.

"Hey guys, I want to laugh too" I said causing them both to jump

"LARSHA!" Janice yelled and jumped up from her seat to hug me, it felt like we stood there forever until we were rudely interrupted by Travis.

"Hey? Where's my hug?"

"Sorry Travis you know I got some love for you too" I said laughing while going in to hug him

"Girl you better, or I'd be jealous"

"Jealous of what. We talk all the time"

"Yes I know but it seems like you have more of my wife's attention than I do"

"Well I'm sorry, I'm here now so you can both equally have my love and attention" I said "and Janice you need to calm down you're seven months pregnant you don't need to be jumping like that" I chuckled

"Girl I know, I'm tired just from standing but I'm so happy to see you, jumping felt right at the ti—"

"Larsha? Can I have a moment?" I heard a familiar voice say, I turned to see Deandre's mom Sandra standing there with a sweet smile on her face. This woman must hate me.

"Sure Mrs Russel" I went up to her and she immediately pulled me in for a hug, I was honestly shocked.

"Larsha I'm so happy you're back" she said pulling away "I always thought of you as a daughter and I'm surprised you didn't keep in touch"

"I would've but I didn't think you'd I'd want to talk to me, especially after what happened between Deandre and I."

"Ahh yes that, I'm still not sure what happened there but that doesn't change anything between us. Promise me you'll come visit?"

"I promise" I said giving her a smile

"Good, I'll hold you to that" she hugged me one more time before walking away to join my mom and some of their other friends.

As the gathering died down and people started to leave I decided to go outside to catch some air. I never realized how much I missed these people, goes to show how lonely I really was. I sat on the porch steps and brought my knees up to my chest no buried my fave in them. There was so much for me to do tomorrow, I had to get my car, finalize the lease on my new apartment and get the scheduling for my new job, I need to get some sleep...

"Larsha?" A voice called my name, a voice I knew all too well

I looked up and my eyes grew wide taking in the sight of him "Deandre."

He looked me up and down, as if he couldn't believe I was there "You're back?"

I let out the breath I was holding and plastered a smile on my face "Yeah I am"