0.1

1:

Aimee Fawn was adopted by Michael Clifford at the age 21 when Michael moved out and had a place of his own. it was more of a best friend relationship that they both shared before it was taken into Michael's own hands, as he then asked Aimee if he can adopt her.

Aimee always had family troubles. every turn and decision she made ended up with the same consequence, a good hit, pull of the hair, and locked in her room-not allowed to eat dinner.

it took her over three years to confront Michael what was happening at home, and why she would occasionally walk across the street, with a new bruise either hidden underneath her top, or one placed on the corner of her eye.

she never really had a loud voice to begin with, so Michael was the only one who really knew how Aimee was being treated by her own parents.

-

flashback

"Michael," Aimee spoke as he raised his eyebrow at the mention of his name.

"yeah Aimee?"

she sighed in response, kicking her legs over the edge of the car as they sat on the back of his truck, looking at the sunset as it slowly met the ground, causing the moon to kiss the sky and stars started to dance.

"I really don't want to go home," she spoke after a good ten minutes of silence.

she took her hood off her head revealing the bruise that was placed on her right cheek, the same bruise that was caused only hours before.

Michael's eyes softened, as he immediately tensed up, before finding his long, pale fingers-hovering over the bruise as tears pricked the corner of his eyes.

"who keeps doing this to you?" he whispered as she chewed down on her bottom lip, tearing her gaze away from his.

"i- i can't tell you," she stuttered, her voice was shaky as a lump formed in the back of her throat, causing a stream of tears to roll down her rosy cheeks.

Michael was quick to cup her cheeks softly, not wanting to hurt Aimee as he bought her face to his, watching as she was shaking her head, her own self was crumbling right between his fingers.

"Aimee, I've known you for three years. you can trust me," he said soothingly, using the pad of his thumb to wipe away the tears as she locked her eyes with his.

"baby, who is doing this to you?" he asked softly, his voice was calm, but as soon as the words left her chapped lips, the flames inside of Michael erupted.

"my parents," she sobbed. "please don't do anything Michael, they-they will hurt me eve-even more," she begged with every strength she had left in her fragile body.

Michael couldn't believe his ears, watching, every move that Aimee made, before kicking his dry lips and taking a deep breath.

"i will do whatever i can to take you away from that place,"

and he meant it, he kept his word: because 2 months later, he called the cops on Aimee's drunken abusive mother, and took Aimee home with him, her sobs and cries were the only sound that was filled inside of the car.

"s-she got you so bad baby," Michael spoke, before pulling into his drive way and studied the bloody cut that was placed on her eyebrow.

her face was beaten up, shattered glass was at the roots of her hair as her left eye was swollen and bruised to the colour of purple and yellow.

her white top was now covered in a stain of alcohol, the smell lingered within the air causing Michael to gag.

yet, there was three burns that were placed on her wrist, that caught his attention.