(Y/n) paused, thinking of his comment, her next retort slipping from her smirking lips. "Pretty, huh? An odd compliment coming from you, Sweetheart, it actually makes me think of us as friends." She stated, an insulting nickname spitefully rolling off her tongue that contradicted his sour attitude, using the same one he enjoyed calling her. Eyes firmly locked on his face, (Y/n) watched his own expression switch to something she was unfamiliar with. "What? Can't handle a joke-"

In a whirlwind of black, Kane's cloak encompassed her as he lowered himself down to her level. His palm slammed against the stone wall beside her head, and she was left staring into his darkening, enraged eyes, feeling his frigid breath hitting her face. "Don't be silly, (Y/n), the number of imbeciles who like you outweighs the ones who loathe you. Make another statement like that and I'll carry out my threat."

(Y/n) stared at him, taking in the way his chest heaved up and down rapidly, and she was almost disturbed at how uptight he became because of a simple comment.

"I didn't come here for this," he continued on, never removing himself from her personal space. Raising the hand tightly holding her sword, Kane tapped his index finger against the sheath. "Unsheathe. The. Blade," he commanded, pointing the grip of the sword toward her.

"No." (Y/n) denied immediately, glancing at her sword then boldly staring down on him like he was lesser than her, demeanor passive and unbending. "You think I can't see through your ploy, do you? Who exactly put you up to this, Kane? Who told you it was okay to try and steal something that doesn't belong to you?"

A sly smile. "I don't know what you mean."

"You know exactly what I mean." (Y/n) hissed, her body trembling, an uncontrollable bout of recklessness fueling her annoyance. "My right as the Celestial Warrior, and the abilities that come with it is what you greedily long for. Not once has your hand touched the exposed parts of the sword, but that's because it doesn't accept anyone but its master. Me. Which is why you need me to unsheathe it for you."

Kane shot up from his crouch, stumbling backward out of shock. (Y/n)'s criticizing eyes followed his every move, but she was far from finished. "Tell me, what power of mine is it you seek so desperately? Is it Calamity Ganon, perhaps, that set you up to this, or maybe it was your Yiga Master?" His mouth opened and closed multiple times lost for answers, and beyond him, (Y/n) could see the guards shifting uneasily. "Go on, what's wrong?!" She yelled at him suddenly, and everyone flinched at her outburst of fury. "Can't speak because you've been caught?" She snapped, pinning him with her irate gaze. "Absolutely pathetic, you can't even give a decent answer when you're confronted by someone who isn't afraid of you. I hate to break it to you, Kane, but you'll never in a million years get what you want from me."

Face downcast and masked by the shadows of the cell, (Y/n) couldn't discern Kane's reaction to her questions or her response. It was dead silent, and he paced back and forth as much as he could given the place they were currently in.

"We could have accomplished so much together, (Y/n), but you just couldn't listen, could you?" Kane mumbled, irritated. "You were to follow one effortless assignment – eliminate the princess of Hyrule, whoever became the Master Sword's chosen one, and every last one of the Champions. You've failed, but not only that, those meddling people got underneath your skin in the process. Made the objective hazy. I should have listened to her sooner," he continued hastily. "You would never follow through with your assigned task, which is why I stepped in to accomplish what you're too afraid to do yourself."