Cream

(This. Is. So. KAWAII!!!!!!!! *Currently dying...)

Cross was very bored, he was in his room in Nightmare's castle, in Dreamtale. Recently Nightmare had seen his brother somewhere in the universe, and he was going to send one of them to find him. Once they left, the rest of them would go back to their regular schedule. He was hoping that it wasn't him, he didn't like wandering aimlessly for someone he didn't know. Cross looked at the wall and closed his eyes, hoping for peace. Of course he didn't get it, the alarm went off signaling everyone was to go down to Nightmare's throne. "Tch- I have to go now? Great..." Cross got up off his bed and dragged himself down the halls. As he walked, one of his 'friends' jumped down and waved to him, "heya Cross, how's life?" "Oh hey Horror, my life is trash right now... you seem much more cheerful than normal, what's the occasion?" "I'm gonna get to go out to see my boyfriend today! I miss him so much... he has been texting me non-stop, and I can't wait to see him!!" "Heh, well good luck with him, I'm glad that someone is actually happy here..." they walked down to Nightmare's throne together in silence and once they got there, they kneeled in front of him. Nightmare grinned at them and then the rest of the group came down to him. Nightmare stood up and motioned for them to stand, "everyone, stand up. And Horror, get out of here and see your boyfriend... your positive energy is killing me..." Horror nodded and ran off excitedly, while Killer snickered from hearing his name in a sentence. "Killer shut up, NOW." Killer immediately shushed himself and returned to his normal state of composure. "I have thought about who I should send to find my brother, and I've decided to send, Cross." Cross flinched and stared up at him worried, "m-me?!" "Yes you, now grab your things and get out, you can come back once you have retrieved my brother, dead or alive." Cross gulped and nodded, running off to his room and packed a small bag with retractable knives and other sharp objects. He grabbed his giant knife and put it behind his back. He walked down back to Nightmare and saluted him before running out. He ran all across Dreamtale for who knows how long, before he got tired and found a giant tree with golden apples on one side, and Dark leaves on the other, the dark side was barren of fruit, 'someone must've eaten that side' he went to the base and sat down, incredibly tired from the amount of pressure being put on him. He rested his eyes, once again hoping for peace, but of course he didn't get any. He heard soft sobs coming towards him and he groaned and turned around to find the source. Cross saw a smaller skeleton walking up to the tree with very bright clothes on him, Cross reluctantly stood up and walked over to him and tapped him, "excuse me, but why are you crying?" The smaller looked up at him and kept crying as he spoke, "m-My brother... h-he hates me... and I-I tried to h-help him... b-but nothing worked..." Cross felt pity for the small skeleton and bent down and wiped his tears away, "I'm sure everything will turn out ok in the end, You just have to wait." "Y-You think so?" "Yep, now come over here and sit with me, taking a break is good for stress" "o-ok... thank you..." The small skeleton took Cross's hand and walked over to the tree and sat down next to Cross, "excuse me sir, but what's your name?" "My name's Cross, how about you?" "I don't like to tell people who I am... they usually hurt me..." "well if you don't want me to know your real name, can you tell me what I should call you?" "Ummm... you can call me star!" Cross chuckled and nodded, "ok then, it's nice to meet you, Star." 'Star' giggled and leaned against Cross, a tint of gold on his face, "it's nice to meet you to, Cross." "Hey Star, do you live around here? Because I don't have anywhere but this tree" "this tree is my home, it's where I came from... you can stay here with me!" "Alright then, I'll stay here with you." "YAY! We're gonna become great friends you and I!" "Heh, cool, I don't have many friends..." "I don't have any, well I have one, but I rarely see him anymore... you won't leave me right?" "I don't have anywhere else to go, I think I'll stay here with you." Star giggled more and hugged Cross from the side, making Cross blush a shade of purple, "thank you... maybe someday I'll tell you my real name..." "well you can tell me whenever you feel ready."

{time-skip two months}

Cross and 'Star' have gotten incredibly close over these past two months. They would spend every minute together, and if one of them couldn't find the other they would search for them all day and night. They both even developed very large crushes on each other. Cross can't even remember the fact that he was supposed to be out finding Nightmare's brother, Dream. Today, was a very special day for Star, he was going to tell Cross, who he was. Cross and Star were sitting together underneath the tree, just enjoying each other's presence. Star eventually looked up to Cross and spoke shyly to him, "Cross, I have something that I really need to tell you..." "oh? And what's that." Dream inhaled deeply and exhaled harshly, "I wanted to tell you my real name..." "o-oh, ok then... I'm listening..." "o-ok... well... m-my real name... is, D-Dream..." "wait, your name is Dream?" "Y-yeah... I'm Dream..." Cross froze and thought about his options, he could either, one; take Dream back to Nightmare, get praised for one second and then go back to killing people, two; he could lie to Dream and continue living a lie and get Nightmare pissed, or three; he could come out to Dream and ditch Nightmare. Cross thought about it and he quickly chose option three, "So, your Dream... are you Nightmare's brother?" "Yes, I am... how did you know?" "I... I actually am one of his... goons..." Dream's eyes widened and he loosened his grip on Cross, "what, are you gonna do to me? Are you gonna bring me to him, so he can kill me?" "...no... I can't lose you Dream... I don't even want to work for Nightmare... I'm only working for him because he promised to bring my family back... I don't think he ever will..." Dream's gaze softened and he returned his tight grip on Cross, "So... You don't want to leave me?" "I can't leave you... you've become everything to me... I don't want to loose you..." Dream's face became a darker gold and he nuzzled his face into Cross's chest, "how much do I mean to you..." "everything Dreamy... you mean the world to me..." "Cross, what do you think of me? Like what do you see me as?" "Oh, I-I see you... like my best friend... but... I wish we could be more..." Cross mumbled the last part so Dream couldn't hear him. "Cross, can you repeat the last thing you said? I didn't hear you..." "I-I said... *sigh* I said I wish we could be more..." Cross's face was covered in a purple hue and Dream's face was all gold, "oh... I didn't think you would ever feel that way... about me..." Dream nuzzled Cross more and Cross held Dream as close to his chest as he could. "So... do you feel the same..." "Yeah... I do... I want to stay with you forever... and I don't want to part with you ever..." Cross chuckled and stroked Dream's head, nuzzling him as well. "I'm not ever going leave you... I can't leave you Dreamy... I need you in my life..."

(Trashy ships this to hard)

(Important: the author of this book is not writing it anymore, so please don't criticize her in the comments because she will not fix something because of one person, as she is enjoying her time in a new fandom. Also, for the love of Sithis please stop asking for part twos and for the author to write a one shot for you, as it agitates her. Thank you, and for all you curious people out there, don't ask who Sithis is. And to those who know who he is, you're amazing and I love you. Thank you for reading this important notice

With love,
Trashy)