"She's fine and don't try and avoid the question!" he exclaimed. 'Details. Did you make up then?' 

"Yeah we did actually and..." I trailed off. I can't tell Jake. He did say keep it low key and I knew exactly what he was going to say about Camz and I's engagement. 

"And?" 

"Jake!" I groaned. 

"Are you hiding something? Is she with you?" he questioned. 

"No, why?" 

"Where is she?" 

"Hotel, why?" I repeated. 

"Because I'm wanna ask her what's giving you the heebie jeebies." he answered. 

"It's nothing!" he sighed. 

"We're supposed to be friends for fuck's sake. What did you do?" I shook my head. 

"Nothing, I did nothing. It's just that... Camz and I decided to go further in our relationship."

"You're going out? CONGRATS!" he cheered. 

"If you want to call it that, yeah we are." he stayed silent for a while. 'Jake?'

"If I can call it that?" he questioned. 'What did you do?' 

"I already said-"

"YOU DID NOT?!" he gasped. 

"What?" 

"YOU DID NOT DO THAT?!" I rolled my eyes. 

"No! Gosh, we're just engaged, dirty boy." 

"Oh. Good." he sounded a little down. 'Did you do the whole engagement thing?' 

"No, but I'm gonna."

"Don't make it too big. You need to keep it-" I interrupted him. 

"LOW KEY! Yes, I get it." Jake sighed. 'It's just going to be me and her and nobody else. And don't worry, we don't know anyone.' 

"Perfect. The more hidden you are, the less attention you get." I nodded. Hidden. Less attention. 

"Alright Jake, I think I'm gonna go back to-"

"The wifey? Alright. See you later then."

"Yep, you too Jake." I said before hanging up. Was this mess ever going to end? I know Jake is trying to help but all these warnings make me feel like I'm wanted... a fugitive. When will I be able to go home? When??

   I know this was against Jake's rules but I had to feel closer to home. And I did say I was going to; promised her in fact. Adding more coins into the payphone, I dialed her mobile. 

"Hello?" Taylor answered. Breathing through the phone, I kept quiet. 'Lauren?' my heart pounded against my chest when she said my name. 'Lauren? Please answer me.' 

"Uh..." I started off. 

"LAUREN!" 

"Taylor, be quiet." I shooshed her. 

"Sorry, mija." she whispered. 'I miss you.' 

"I miss you too, babe, but I'm going to be gone for a while but I will come back." I told her. 

"Lauren, Mum and Dad are really worried about you, Chris too. And the girls' of course." she explained. 'They've been going on TV and everything and Camila's missing too!' I sighed. 

"Don't worry, she's with me." Taylor giggled. 

"I guess that, you didn't sound worried." I chuckled along with her. 'I'm happy you called. And don't worry, I didn't say anything to anyone about you... and the window.'