Part 3

Asami woke up to a knocking sound coming from her bedroom window. She felt herself lying in a comfortable bed instead of the rocky floor of a cave or rough branch of a tree, making her recall that she was in her bedroom after returning from her mission. 

Rubbing her eyes, she got up from her bed and walked over to the window. It was Hokage's messenger bird. She opened the window and let the bird sit on her windowsill. After she had untied the note from its leg, the bird flew away. 

Asami,

Meet me at my office within an hour.

We need to talk about your team.

-Hiruzen

"He seems to be in a hurry." She placed the note on the table and went into the bathroom.

After changing into her outfit (as in the picture above or anything you want her to wear), she exited her apartment and locked the door with the spare key she used to have in her apartment.

"It feels sobgood to be home!"

She breathed in a large amount of fresh air, as she stepped out of the building and started walking through the Konoha streets. Streets were full, and everyone was so happy, cheerful and friendly.

Asami continued to observe the things around her as she walked. A few things had changed since the last time she was in the village, but most of them were the same as she remembered them to be. She looked up at the Hokage monuments and couldn't help but smile. She had missed all those things a lot in these long years. Those streets, those shops, those training grounds and of course her friends too. Now, she couldn't wait to see them again.

She was passing by the training grounds, and again she couldn't stop herself from recalling her childhood memory tied to this special place. 

Flashback 

Young Asami was practicing her aim at the training ground. She was alone and was throwing one kunai after another, but to her bad luck, none of them was hitting the centre point.

"Why is my aim so bad?" she complained to herself, as she grabbed another kunai to throw.

"Because, you're weak."

She heard someone say and stopped in her tracks, her kunai still in her hand. Shocked at the unexpected answer, she turned around only to find Kakashi standing there, leaning against a tree. This made her angry.

"What did you say? I'm not weak. Okay?" she huffed with her hands on her waist.

Kakashi left the tree and stood in front of her with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You ARE weak," he stated bluntly. 

"I'm not," she retorted, getting angrier.

"You are," he said back.

"Ugh!" Asami gritted her teeth, as she clenched her fist and in doing so hurt her hand with the kunai she was holding. She dropped the kunai, as her hand started bleeding, drops of blood dripping from her hand and falling onto the ground.

"Are you mad?" Kakashi scolded, as he quickly grabbed her hand.

"We need to stop the bleeding. You're losing too much blood," he said, with a hint of worry in his voice while Asami just stared at him in surprise.

"Come here." He pulled her by her wrist to a nearby tree and they both sat down. Letting go of her hand, he took out a small medical kit from his weapon pouch 

"Here, give me your hand." He looked at her, and Asami reluctantly held out her hand.

He gently grabbed her hand and began cleaning the blood. As he did so, she was continuously staring at him in disbelief. She hadn't seen this side of his before.

"He might act arrogant, but believe me, inside he is really caring."

"In fact, he really cares about you."

Obito's words echoed in her mind.

"I think Obito was right. Maybe he is not that bad," she thought, smiling with a pink blush on her cheeks.

"Hey, why are you staring at me like that?" Kakashi asked curiously.

"Uh." She looked away, feeling embarrassed at being caught staring at him.

"I can do it myself. You don't have to waste your time," she mumbled, but Kakashi didn't respond and started wrapping the bandage.

"I hope it heals soon," he merely whispered, looking at her wounded hand, taking Asami aback.

"But why are you doing this?" she asked.

"We have a mission in two days," he replied, as he finished patching up her hand.

"What?" she asked with a confused look.

"I said, we have a mission in two days," he repeated.

"That's why you bandaged my hand?" 

"Of course. If your wound doesn't heal soon, it'll affect our mission, and you'll only get in my way. I don't want us to fail just because of this pathetic wound of yours," he stated, his personality returning back to arrogant one. And in a moment, Asami's view of Kakashi changed again.

"No, Obito was wrong! He IS arrogant!" she thought and looked away in annoyance, puffing out her rosy cheeks while Kakashi just stared at her with an unnoticeable smile hidden beneath his mask.

End Of Flashback

Asami's eyes softened at another memory of her childhood.

"I wonder, how much have you changed, hn Kakashi?" 

She smiled, but then her stomach grumbled and brought her back to reality, making her realized that she hadn't eaten anything since yesterday afternoon. She stopped by a nearby fruit shop, bought an apple to eat and continued her way to the Hokage office.

After a few minutes, she finally reached her destination and knocked at the door. 

"Come in."

She opened the door and walked inside only to find that the Hokage wasn't alone. There was someone else too, standing with his back toward the door. Asami couldn't see his face, but his gravity defying silver hair was enough to tell her who exactly he was. She stood there staring at his back with a stunned look on her face.

It was really him. 

"There you are. We were just waiting for you," the Hokage said, capturing her attention. "Come forward." 

Asami's heart was starting to beat faster. She walked over to the table and stood beside that silver haired man, not daring to look up at him. He was also busy reading a file that he didn't pay any attention to who was standing next to him, and this kinda disappointed Asami.

"I'm sure you would like to know who is standing beside you, Kakashi," the Hokage spoke up, gaining the said man's attention.

"Hn?" Kakashi looked up from the file at the old man with a confused look in his eye, and then shifted his gaze to his left. 

There was a female standing right beside him. She was tall, but of course a few inches shorter than him, and had long black hair. He couldn't see her eyes, because she was looking down, and her thick black eyelashes were blocking his view of her eyes. She was attractive, and she seemed somehow familiar too. Unable to take his eyes off her, he observed her more carefully, and yes! Her features were certainly familiar.

She finally took her eyes off the ground and looked up at him with her emerald green eyes. His eye instantly widened, as he recognized those eyes right away. Never in his life would he forget those elegant eyes. Of course, those were her eyes.

It was her.... definitely her.

"A-Asami."