"There's a reason"

Usually, we go back to school on a Monday, but as my sister came home for the first time in months today, I'm going back maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Blair has never understood school and the reasons for it. In other words, she couldn't care less and doesn't understand why my brothers make me go.

You see, Blair got expelled from school when she was my age, and she just never went back into education after that. I was young and living with a foster family so I was made to go to school. That's a time I don't want to talk about but after Grayson turned 18, he got us all back together and we moved into Gray's house that he had brought from a college friend's dad, or something along them lines or so I've been told. Whatever happened, it got our family back together instead of being spread around the country with different 'families'. (Full story another time - It gets complicated...)

My sister being home made us all spend real quality time together and I couldn't be more happy with it. It was honestly like a dream come true for me. I know. It sounds rather silly but it had been MONTHS. Months since our family had really been together, all at once anyway. As much as I loved Blair being home, it did make us all wonder why and how she was actually home, last we knew she was on the other side of the world. We all love her obviously, but why? As bad as it sounds, I'm going to do whatever I can to find out why my 'long-distance' sister is really home today and not the hundreds of times we've begged her to come back. 

"Blair! Where's the boyfriend? Why are you here alone?" I questioned almost every 10 minutes but always got the exact same answer as a reply. 
"Can I not want to spend time with my family without people wondering where my other half is?"

The constant answer I got wasn't the one I wanted but, for now it will have do. She was right, maybe she really did just want to spend time with us and took a break from her travelling. Nah. She loves travelling more than anything in her life, including us.  

After a few hours of chilling and talking about everything happening in our lives, we finally got home and collapsed onto the sofas. 

"Thank you all for today." Blair says quietly. 
"What do you mean B?" Dylan asks. 
"All of this. It means a lot. I'm sorry I haven't been home in a few weeks-" She almost whispers but gets cut off.
"Months. Its been a few months..." I quote. 

Blair's face drops and she can no longer look at any of us in the eye. 

"There's a reason I'm home." 

Here we go! Finally!

--------------- 

I updated... I'm honestly so sorry guys. I've been so distracted with things that I couldn't find the time or energy to update this or any other stories on my account. 

I'm a terrible author. I apologise. 

I'm sorry for the short chapter, you all deserve a long one but its quite late and I'm not going to lie to you, I'm falling asleep just typing this. 

Thank you for supporting the story even though I'm so bad at this. I appreciate it so much. Hope you enjoyed! It's good to be back.