Guess I'll never know.

"Is... She from... the...Blood pack?" I forced out but looked them straight in the eyes so they would know I was serious.

They stopped fighting and snapped their heads towards me.

I raised an eyebrow waiting impatiently for my answer.

"No. Apparently she's human." Luke quickly answered.

"What's her name?" I asked.

Luke made his thinking face. "I think it was Queen? Spade? Ace? Wait! Yes! Her name is Ace!"

For some reason, my wolf was feeling uneasy at the sound of her name.

He wasn't craving waffles anymore.

That's not like him.

I started to feel a little uneasy. Weird.

"Whatever let's just get to school." I shrugged away the feeling. "Archie! Let's go!"

I heard the sound of footsteps on the stairs. Archie came skipping down with his backpack in his hand.

"I'm here!" He smiled.

We all smiled at the quirky ginger in front of us.

"Remember Archie, if you see Alec again you need to mind link me immediately," I commanded.

He nodded. "Yes, alpha."

"And remember not to call me alpha in school."

He nodded his head again as we walked out the door.

Alec is Archie's ex-boyfriend. We treated him like family until we found out he was the Third in Command of the Blood pack.

We can't kill him because he's always on neutral land and it would start a war.

I'm not risking the lives of my warriors.

We all hopped into my truck as I drove off to school.

Once we arrived in the parking lot I noticed a motorcycle was parked in my parking space.

I don't like sharing what's mine.

The school has humans but even they understand where I park.

"Why is there a motorcycle in my parking space!?" I raised my voice slightly.

"Calm down dude. Just park next to it then after school we can see who owns it." Luke slapped my shoulder.

I sighed but nodded. I parked in the space next to the motorcycle. I don't like not being in control either.

We got out of the truck and walked into the school.

Everywhere I heard whispers about the new girl. Somewhere sexual from the guys and from the girls they were talking shit.

Can't people just mind your own business?

Archie went to go find the new girl while me, Ethan and Luke went to our lockers.

"Are you ok, man? You seem a little distracted." Ethan asked.

"My wolf is making me uneasy for some reason. I don't know what is with him today." I answered.

"Maybe he tired of living without a mate," Luke suggested.

I collected my things from my locker and slammed it shut.

"Guys! As much as I would love to spend my life with a mate I'm already to busy dealing with the Blood Pack. I don't have time to settle down with a girl and a pup." I answered honestly.

"If you say so but one day you're going to meet your mate and its Whip City from there." Luke joked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Whatever. I don't have time for a relationship. It's important that I take down the Blood Pack."

I started to walk down the hall with my backpack over my shoulder.

'A-alpha!' Archie mind linked me.

'What's wrong Archie?' I asked using my alpha tone.

'Alec is here. He's pinning me up against the lockers and he won't leave me alone.'

I growled. 'Where are you!?'

'Near the North side of the school.'

'I'm on my way! Don't do anything until I get there. Try to stall him.' I didn't wait for a reply.

I blocked him out and made my way to the North side of the school at a fast pace.

Once I turned the corner I felt somebody run into my chest.

She almost lost balance but caught herself.

Sparks erupted everywhere on my body and a sweet smell of black ice hit my sensitive nose.

'Mate! Mate! Mate!' Rafel kept shouting.

A smiled almost broke out into my face until I smelled Alec's scent on her.

I glared at her.

"Watch where you're going!" We both yelled at each other in unison.

I was able to get a good look at her. Jet black hair with a blue streak and blue eyes but she was clearly wearing contacts.

"Sorry alph- I mean Johnathan!" I heard Archie's voice next to my mate.

My mate looked at him for a brief moment as I glared at her.

Was she helping Alec bully, Archie!?

I took me a second to realize she was glaring at me with the same amount of hatred I sent her way.

"I suggest you leave him alone, Cupcake."

My voice was low and threatening but completely serious.

************************************

Word count:  1290