Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Aiden perched on top of one of the kitchen stools and stared at me, I stood opposite him, still at the door with my arms crossed not wanting to make eye contact. I had no idea on what to say, how to put my thoughts into words, Aiden must have realised this because he stood and begun to walk towards me. Instinctively I took a step back and bumped into the door, I had no more room to back up into. He closed the distance as just as he was reaching out his hands to grab my body I ducked underneath his arms and popped up behind him. Aiden still had his hands positioned where my body had been and I began pacing again and he dropped them to his side. "What is it?" He urged and his eyebrows formed a frown and I was too angry at him to think it was sexy.

"Is it true?" I looked up at his face and for a moment I could have sworn I saw a sign of recognition as if he knew what I was talking about, then it disappeared, either I had misread the expression or he was covering it up.

"What?" He was playing dumb, he knew what I was talking about!

"You lied to me!" I yelled and his frown disappeared briefly in shock of me raising my voice but returned quickly enough. He stayed silent and studied me as I did to him.

"Peyton-"

"Shut up! I can't believe you did this, I trusted you!" I thought about it and wasn't sure if I had ever trusted him but it was a line they always seemed to shout in the movies and it appeared to work because Aiden looked expressionless. After I spent a few seconds calming myself down I forced the question out of my mind. "Who is she?" Aiden looked back up in alarm, probably because I had confirmed his thoughts that we were thinking of the same thing.

"I'm sorry" Was all he said.

"Tough, tell me" I wasn't overly upset, should I have been? My anger bubbled in my stomach though and I had to de-clench my fists every now and again.

"Casey" Aiden looked to the ground and I stopped in my tracks to stare at him, my mouth slightly apart. My heart dropped to the floor, I was in shock. Casey? The girl who I saw at the bus-stop forever ago and the one who was always jealous of me for being with Aiden? I closed my mouth and when Aiden didn't move or look at me I lost it. He didn't even have the courage to look me in the eye and say it. I thought I was the girl he loved but I wasn't, he used me and this was the last time, he was lucky if I ever spoke to him again.

I slowly walked over and Aiden carefully lifted his head, when I was close enough to bare, in one swift move I threw my arm round and punched him in the jaw, his face snapped to the side and his hands found his bruised jaw. I reached for the door handle and grabbed his shirt, pulling him out, he may have been stronger but he didn't resist, knowing he should leave. I slammed the door so hard behind him that it shook the house and stormed up to my room. Casey was a slut, someone who could get her hands on whoever and whenever. She had always wanted Aiden but I never thought she would get the satisfaction of ever having him, I was wrong, Aiden had fallen for her spell that many had before.

That wasn't the only thing that hurt, I could deal with him choosing Casey over me because I had elementally chosen Gale over him, what hurt the most is that he didn't fight for me, not even begging for me to be his best friend again, he just let me kick him out, almost happy that I wouldn't speak to him again even though he was the one in the wrong. I did the only thing I wanted to do, called Gale. He answered on the first ring.

"Hello" His voice was tender and seductive causing me to bite my lip.

"Hey, it's me, come over?" I smiled when he accepted the invite and would be here in little less than 10 minutes. I re-brushed my hair and fixe my clothes when there was a knock again. I rushed down the steps a smile on my face and threw the door open.

"Hey-" My smile fell when I saw it wasn't Gale in front of me but Aiden again.

"Can I explain?" Aiden whined, his jaw had already started to bruise making me feel somewhat satisfied.

"No" I said bluntly and tried to shut the door in his face but he kicked his foot in the way, trapping it open.

"Piss off!" I yelled and he pushed his way in, he was now standing in the middle of the room staring at me. "Get out!" I yelled again and he walked towards me, I didn't move, I was frozen in my space. When Aiden reached me his hands cupped my cheeks and he was pulling my face towards his. "Get off me!" I wriggled and he tried to connect our lips, I scratched at him but his grip was to strong, it felt like he was squeezing my jaw apart. I screamed and pushed him but he kept grabbing me back. I couldn't escape, my anger was taking over and I started thrashing my arms at him but he kept grabbing them and pressing them against him. "Aiden - get  - off!" This time Aiden grabbed my hair, I drilled my eyes into his and he had tears streaming down his face as well as anger flashing at me. Just as I was willing to give up just so he would let go of me, Aiden's grip released and I was free.