Chapter 22

My feet pace back and forth as I think about my dad. Why was he here? Why was he looking inside the house? Was he trying to look for a way inside the house so he can get in while everyone is sleeping? What if he kidnaps me? What does he want? Does Alison have anything to do with this.

"Letty, I won't let anything happen to you or Avery. I promise." Dom pulls me into a hug, instantly making me feel safe. I inhale deeply getting a good smell of Dom's scent, calming me down. I don't know what I would do without him. I would probably be under my dad's roof still. Who knows, I probably would be dead right now. Shaking those thoughts from my head, I pull away from his warm embrace.

"I know. But just knowing that he's been here looking inside the house gives me the creeps. What if he tries something stupid?" I run my hands through my waves of hair, before planting myself down on the couch.

"I'll end him before he can even try." Dom states, having that death glare in his eyes. 

"Dom, you can't just kill him. You could go to prison." Brian states, before Mia nods her head in agreement.

"If that's what it takes to keep Letty and her sister safe then that's what it takes." Dom states, before walking into the kitchen. I look over at Brian and Mia before making my way to the kitchen. Dom's hands are on the counter as he looks out the kitchen window. I wrap my arms around him from behind, and lay my head on his back. 

"I'm not worried about my safety, Dom. I'm worried about Avery's. If it comes down to it, I want you to keep her safe." I say, causing Dom to turn around to look at me.

"I will keep you both safe. I won't let him lay a finger on you or her. He comes near you or her, it will be the last thing he does." Dom leans down and kisses me on the cheek before walking away.

------------

"Dom is just worried, Let. You have to understand where he is coming from." Mia and I are in her room just chilling on the bed. Dom and Brian said they had to go and do something and that they will be back later. Meanwhile, Avery is asleep in the little bed next to mine. I didn't want her to be alone in a room.

"But at what cost. How is that going to keep me safe or my sister if he ends up in prison. I don't want to be the reason why he goes to prison." I stand up before looking in the mirror. None of this would be happening if it wasn't for my father. I could actually be happy with Dom and not have to worry about every corner I turn.

"Dom loves you. He will do anything to keep you and Avery from harms way."

Instead of arguing with her, I decide to just get on my phone. As I am scrolling through Instagram, a message from a blocked number pops up on my screen.

Meet at the school, tonight at midnight. Come alone or else.

I look over at Mia debating on rather or not I should tell her that I got a message but I decided against it. Who knows what this person could do if I don't do what they say. Who is this person? Is it Alison? My dad? Some kind of prank? Should I go? What happens if I don't? I can't risk the chance of something happening to someone because I didn't do what this person says. 

I guess I will find out who it is tonight.

As I lay next to Dom, I keep my eyes trained on his face. I want to remember every single inch of him. I don't know if I will ever see him again. A part of me is screaming at me, telling me to tell him about the text but another part of me is telling me to do what the person said. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if someone got hurt over me. 

11:30

It's now or never. As I look at Dom, I feel a tear slide down my face. This may be the last time I see him. I slowly lean, lightly touching his lips with my own. 

"I love you." I whisper, before getting up and walking over to Avery's bed. I kiss her on the forehead before turning to leave. 

"Is everything okay?" Avery asks, her eyes open halfway. I walk over to her before sitting down next to her on the bed.

"Everything is fine, sweetie. Get some sleep. I love you." I say, trying not to cry. She mumbles a I love you too before passing out again. I quickly walk out the door before my mouth tells Dom about anything. 

11:57

I arrive at the school, worried about what's going to happen. My heart wants to jump out of my chest and run away to hide. I don't blame it. I want to do the same thing, but I know I can't. I look around the school not seeing any sign of anyone or anything. I look down at my watch.

11:59

I should have stayed with Dom. He could have protected me. I could be in his arms right now, safe. I am so stupid for coming to this place to meet with someone. 

12:00

Right as I am about to make a run for it, headlights appear in the parking lot. Great. 

Short chapter! But I wanted to give you guys something! Next chapter will be up later today or tomorrow! Who do you think Letty is meeting? Please don't forget to vote and comment! If you see any mistakes please kindly point them out!