27

There is still a month left before the war.

While all of the guardians are training themselves to prepare for the war, Baekhyun trained extra hard than the others. He would leave early for the training before the sun rises and come back home to take a rest when the sun is down. His friends advised him to take it easy, but he wouldn't listen to them.

They rarely see him at home anymore. He never sleeps in his bed because he always had nighmares about Taeyeon and his mum being taken away right in front of his eyes. It was a loop of nightmares and it terrified him. He never had a proper night sleep ever since then.

"Baekhyun stop."Chanyeol called after him before he leaves the house. Baekhyun sighed and looked back at his friend. "God you look terrible."Chanyeol gasped involuntarily when he saw the eye bags under Baekhyun's eyes and his slightly weak physique. "Dude you must rest. You haven't been eating well and sleeping well. Don't train yourself over the limit."he told his friend.

"Don't worry. I can take care of myself."Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders.

"The princess won't be happy to see you living like this."Chanyeol said.

The mention of the princess made his muscles tense up. He clenched his jaw and opened the door hastily before slamming it shut behind him. Chanyeol heaved a sigh and glanced back at his other friends who were staring expectantly at them, hoping that Chanyeol will be the one who finally put a stop to Baekhyun's endless self torture.

"I was hesitant to ask this with Baekhyun in the room just now."Sehun said. "But do you guys think that the princess is still alive? Since Lord Chun wanted her kill in the first place."Sehun continued, feeling horrible for assuming that.

"I think we all had assume that. Baekhyun probably thinks that too, which is why he has been acting like this lately."Suho said.

-

Baekhyun groaned in frustration and took out his anger at the punching bag. The other people around him who are training felt intimidated by him because of how hard he was punching the punching bag. 

Kim Heechul, the head of the movement receive a call about someone vandalising the equipments in the training room, so he came down to see who it is. The person pointed at Baekhyun, telling Heechul that he is the one. Heechul glanced at Baekhyun and told everyone that it is okay before he approach him himself.

"Baekhyun. Snap out of it!"Heechul shouted at him. Baekhyun stopped to take a breathe before looking at Heechul. There was a murderous glare in Baekhyun's eyes, but the moment he saw that it is Heechul, his expression softens a bit. "Taking your anger out on everything won't solve the problem. You will only hurt yourself at the end."Heechul said.

"Sorry."Baekhyun mumbled, taking a step back away from the punching bag that looks in an odd shape from his punching just now.

"I forbid you from coming here again. You hear me?"Heechul raised his voice again, causing Baekhyun to snap his head up to look at him. "Take a rest. I forbid you from continuining your training. If you continue like this, I will ban you from joining the war."Heechul continued, his authorative tone unwavering. "Everyone, report to me if you see him coming here again."he turned to the others and the others nodded.

Baekhyun swore under his breath and bent down to grab his bottle. Heechul gave him a pat on the shoulder, feeling sorry for Baekhyun. He heard from Baekhyun's friends that he is being like this is because he completely lost his father and the Princess on the same day, he just shut himself out from everything.

"Take your mind off things. I want you to go home and sleep. It's an order."

"Yes sir."Baekhyun nodded at him and finally left the training centre. He wiped off the beads of sweat that run down his forehead and under his eyes with a small towel on the way out of the training centre. He ignored the weird glances from the other people and walked down the path that leads him back to the safe house. He took on Heechul's advice and went straight back to his room.