11

Another boring afternoon in Baekhyun's room.

Taeyeon has been bending all kinds of shapes using only water and performing all kinds of water guardian tricks the whole afternoon. She finally took a break by playing with the puppies. But when the puppies decided to play among themselves, Taeyeon could only turn to the wall and stare at it in boredom.

When she heard a knock on the door, she perked up and snapped her head towards the door. "Kyungsoo!"

"Hey, no one is out there so I was thinking if you want a companion to talk to."Kyungsoo said as he closed the door behind him.

"Kyungsoo, can you teach me to how to guard my thoughts?"she asked him.

"Guard your thoughts?"he asked.

"I am a water guardian, so naturally I can mind-link people. And I want to guard my thoughts from Baekhyun because I still don't know how to guard them and sometimes I unintentionally tell him what I'm thinking."

"Baekhyun has been teaching you some skills. Why didn't you ask him to teach you mind-linking?"he asked.

"Cause I don't want him to read my thoughts while teaching me. There are some thoughts that I want to be kept hidden from him cause some of them are pretty embarrassing."she said, blushing.

"What's so embarrassing?"Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Sometimes I think that he looks handsome in my mind."she whispered to him.

"I thought you two are cousins."Kyungsoo said, rubbing his the back of his nape with his hand.

"Uh...yeah. Right. But it isn't wrong to think that your cousin is hot right?"she nervously chuckled. Great, she just made it worse. Why did she have to add that last sentence? "I mean, do you have any relatives you think that are good-looking?"she asked him.

"No. The only relative I have is my mum."Kyungsoo said. "But I guess I can say that my mum is beautiful."he added.

"Yep. That's the same case as mine."Taeyeon said. "So can you teach me mind-linking and mind-guarding before Baekhyun comes back?"she asked.

"Sure. But we need to have that kind of bond to mind-link."

"Oh. Right Baekhyun told me that..."she trailed off. "Then just tell me the basics about how to guard my thoughts. We don't really have to mind-link to learn that right?"she asked.

"Yeah sure."

After an hour of training, Taeyeon finally mastered the skills of mind-linking and she can finally guard her thoughts. Well she assumes she has. She doesn't need to worry about any slip-ups when she is with Baekhyun anymore. For the rest of the afternoon, Kyungsoo and Taeyeon chatted about random things.

"What does the world outside this room look like?"she asked him. "How many people live in this house?"she asked again.

"Five guys including Baekhyun and me."he replied.

"Yes! I guessed right! I have been listening to all of your voices from this room."she said.

"So you can hear our conversation?"he asked.

"Yep. Don't worry, I don't listen to everything. You guys have your privacy secure."she assured him. "And it's wrong of me to eavesdrop. So I don't really stay by the door every time."she added. "Erm...have you all been living together from a very long time?"she asked him, curious about Baekhyun's life.

"We have been living together ever since we are all seven years old. When Lord Chun started to make catching guardians official. We all have been trained together to fight the enemies one day."he explained.

"Lord Chun only?"she asked hopefully. Baekhyun and her stopped talking about the guardians' enemies ever since their argument that stormy night.

"Not only him. His whole family. Our target is the Princess. We all know that she isn't dead. She must be alive. So if we hold her ransom, maybe Lord Chun will give in and surrender."

"He doesn't even care about his niece."Taeyeon mumbled.

"Pardon?"

"Erm...but what if the Princess is nice and kind. What if she doesn't even agree with Lord Chun's rules?"she asked him.

"Oh that. I don't know. But clearly she is related to Lord Chun."

"You sound like Baekhyun when I first met him."she said before mentally scolding herself for the slip-up. "Which is ten years ago."she quickly adds.

"What do you mean ten years?"he chuckled. "Baekhyun still thinks that until now."he said. "Among all of us, he hates Lord Chun and his family the most. He lost his mother because of them."he continued. Taeyeon frowned.

What happened to his mother?

"Don't ask me. Ask him."Kyungsoo replied. Taeyeon accidentally spoke out her thoughts. "It's almost evening now. Baekhyun is going to be back. See you."he stood up and went towards the door.

"Bye!"

"Bye."

-

"Good evening."Taeyeon greeted Baekhyun at the door when he comes in. 

"Good evening."he replied, nodding at her. "Get ready tomorrow when I come back home. I am bringing you to a carnival."he informed her.

"Outside? A carnival outside?"

"Yes."

"Really?!"she jumped up and down excitedly.

"Yes."

"Oh my god am I dreaming?"she gasped, cupping her cheeks with her palms with a shock expression.

Baekhyun just chuckled at her reaction. He is glad that this good news cheered her up a lot. "Kyungsoo told me to bring you out to the carnival. My friends are going out as a gang, and then we will leave after them. We just have to avoid them in the carnival."he said.

"Oh so I finally get to see what they look like?"she asked.

"Not really. Cause we are going separately. The other guardians are going to think that I am going with Kyungsoo. But Kyungsoo wants to go to the movies by himself. So I'm taking you."he explained.

"Fine with me."she smiled brightly at him.

Her smile seems contagious. Because the corner of his lips curled up unconsciously every time she smiles like that at him.

-

a/n : the shortest chapter of this book.

so taeyeon is finally going to leave the safe house for the first time. will they have fun at the carnival? and will there be any problems?

im going to be busy starting from today because all of the assignments have been handed to me and its all due on the same week. so i don't think i can update as regularly as before, hopefully i still can finish this book on time though.

thanks for staying with this book :)