18

It has been two weeks since Taeyeon gained the freedom to roam around in the house.

Today is a Saturday, everyone stayed indoors because they want to take a break at home. Suho decided to use the pond to teach Taeyeon how to use her superpowers more, since the pond has a huge amount of water to practice with. So Taeyeon was out with Suho the whole morning. When she came back from training, she was about to head back to her room until Sehun asked her to teach him how to take care of his plants.

She helped him and gave him tips on taking care of the plants to make sure that they won't die. After that Sehun treated her for lunch. When she saw how good of a cook Kyungsoo is, Kyungsoo didn't hesitate to teach her cooking. So she took cooking lessons from Kyungsoo for the rest of the afternoon.

When she finally came back to the room at the evening, she found Baekhyun sitting on the floor, playing with the puppies. It looks like he was forcing them to play with him because he was bored. He looked up from them when he heard her coming.

"You are finally back."he sighed.

"You look glad."she said and smiled. She remembered that she was always the one sitting on the floor and playing with the puppies when she is bored. Now that their roles reversed, Baekhyun is the one waiting for her to come back. "Missed me?"she intentionally poked some fun in him, temporarily forgetting about how they have been trying to keep their distance from each other.

"You wish."he retorted as he rolled his eyes, causing Taeyeon to chuckle in amusement. "Where are you going?"he asked when he noticed Taeyeon walking towards the door.

"Chanyeol asked me to come to his room. Something about a candlelight dinner."she said over her shoulder. Baekhyun almost choked on air after hearing what she said.

"You mean on a date?"he asked her, suddenly straightening his back.

"Probably. He didn't say that it was a date. Just dinner."she said as she tied her hair up into a ponytail.

"In his room."Baekhyun muttered.

"Yep. So see you tonight."she went out the room before he could say anything. Baekhyun slouched his shoulders and his lips formed into a small pout. He lied down beside the puppies who abandoned him and played with themselves.

"A taste of my own medicine."he mumbled.

-

The next few days went by like that. Taeyeon was busy with everyone. Taking cooking lessons from Kyungsoo every night, taking water-bending lessons from Suho every morning and spending her free time with Sehun and Chanyeol who always knows how to have fun.

Then there is Baekhyun, feeling completely out of place. He doesn't know how to have fun, he can't join the water-bending lessons, and he can only sit in the kitchen and watch Taeyeon learn cooking from Kyungsoo. Whenever Taeyeon gives him her attention, he will just sulk there, refusing to admit that he needs her.

But today he's had enough, it's time to man up and push his pride aside.

"Taeyeon."he called after her when she was about to leave the room. She looked back at him. "Stay for the night, please."

She held her breath as she stared back at him. She was taken aback by what he said. "I will be back."she said and left. Once she closed the door behind her, Baekhyun heaved a heavy sigh and looked towards the bed.

God I sounded so pathetic and needy just now.

He thought to himself as he stood up and walked towards the bed. He was the one who caused all of this to happen. He was the one who pushed Taeyeon away. Now that Taeyeon and him has drifted apart, why does he feel the need to pull her back to his side again?