17

The night was quiet.

Baekhyun came back early today because it was his break and he has nowhere else to go at night, so he stayed indoors. Even though he is stuck in the same room as the Princess, they disregarded each other.

Since there is only one round table, they had no choice but to sit face to face each other. While he read his book at the table, Taeyeon was doing some colouring to past time right in front of him. She looked out the window from where she is sitting. It seems very windy outside and she is glad that Baekhyun prefered to stay indoors tonight.

Wait- why am I even thinking about him? It's not like I care.

"Your friend Chanyeol is quite interesting."she spoke without looking up from her coloring book, trying to start up a conversation in this awkward silence.

"How so?"he asked, his eyes never leaving his book.

"He gave me a bouquet today."she said, refering to the new bundle of roses in that empty vase that is placed on the nightstand. "It's my first time receiving roses. So I'm quite flattered."she added, sneaking a glance at him to see his reaction.

"Hmm. Good for you."he hummed, looking nonchalant. She bit down on her bottom lip and returned her focus on the coloring book.

And that is all they said to each other that night.

-

The next morning, when Baekhyun heard a knock on the door. He glanced back at Taeyeon who instintively when under the blanket before he went to answer the door. From under the blanket, she could hear him exchanging a few words with another guy. That voice sounds unfamiliar, so she doubt that it is any of the boys who already knows about her.

This must be the fifth guy who I haven't met yet.

She thought as she waited under the blanket for him to go away.

"I want to borrow something."she heard the guy said to Baekhyun.

"What?"

"Some plants."he said, pointing at the pots of plants near the window that is being kissed by the sunlight. "I read from somewhere that plants make you healthier and helps you to focus more. Just two pots will do."he said.

Oh no...not my plants.

Taeyeon frowned as she thought to herself. She has been taking care of them ever since she moved in here. She is not going to give it away just like that.

"Since when do you care about your health?"Baekhyun asked.

"Since today, around this time."he replied sarcastically.

"Sehun."Baekhyun's voice sounded with full of authority.

"Fine. I am going to invite this lady friend over and she's a nature guardian. And I kind of lied to her about my love for plants."he confessed his true intentions.

"Oh I see."Baekhyun nodded, knowing his friend very well, he wasn't surprised by his reason at all. "I can't give them to you."he said.

"Why?"Sehun groaned, stomping his feet at the spot like a kid.

"Because I said no."Baekhyun said.

"I'm just borrowing them. I will return them as soon as she leaves."

Taeyeon heard Baekhyun hesitate. "Fine."

"What?! No!"she jumped out of the blanket to stop him from taking her plants. Sehun choked on the apple he was biting into when he saw Taeyeon emerged from the bed. Baekhyun palmed himself on the face and winced at how his plan officially failed.

"Great. Now everyone in this house knows that you exist now. Just great."Baekhyun muttered sarcastically. Taeyeon chewed on her bottom lip nervously as she glanced at Sehun and then back to Baekhyun. "Don't assume. Shut up, I will explain everything to you."he ceased Sehun before he could ask any questions.

-

"I know something you don't know."Chanyeol grinned at Sehun as the two tall men walked side by side down the hallway.

"Oh really?"Sehun cocked his head to the side, looking confident. "I believe that I know something that you don't know."he said.

Chanyeol scoffed and said, "The thing you know is probably not even juicier than what I know."

"Ahh I believe that I know more than you. Wanna bet?"Sehun asked.

"How?"

"Oh right. I promised someone that I cannot tell anyone about this."Sehun said.

"I'm keeping a secret too. But I can't tell you either."Chanyeol said. "That person will kill me if I tell."he mumbled as they both stopped in front of Baekhyun's room. "You go on first. I want to talk to Baekhyun."he said, standing at Baekhyun's door.

"Oh. Actually, I want to talk to Baekhyun too."Sehun said, scratching the back of his nape. "So you head back to your room first."

"This is kind of urgent."Chanyeol said, blocking the door. "I had an appointment with him."he added, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Since when do we have to schedule an appointment with Baekhyun?"Sehun asked, shoving Chanyeol away from the door.

"What are you two morons doing in front of my door?"Baekhyun asked from behind Sehun, causing the two of them to jump at his voice. They grinned at him sheepishly before stepping aside from the entrance to let Baekhyun go into his room. "You two can come in."he added over his shoulder as he stepped into his room.

"Hey you two."Taeyeon waved at Sehun and Chanyeol when she sees them. Chanyeol and Sehun snapped their heads and looked at each other.

"You know about Taeyeon?"the two of them asked each other simultaneously.

"Let me guess, your secret was this?"Sehun asked.

"You too?"Chanyeol asked him and Sehun nodded. The two of them looked down in embarrassment as Taeyeon laughed at them.

"You two are so adorable!"she laughed as she held onto her stomach. Baekhyun sat on his armchair and silently judged his friends. "Baekhyun-a, since everyone in the house already knows that I exist. Can I finally walk around the house?"she turned to him, her eyes glistening with anticipation.

"Yes."he spoke. Now that everyone already welcomes Taeyeon, there is no reason to hide her anymore. Which means that she can always leave the room and hang out with the others. He is not the only person in her life anymore. They would spend lesser time together starting from now. Taeyeon can finally enjoy her freedom. And Baekhyun can finally have some privacy in his room.

Taeyeon jumped excitedly and followed Sehun and Chanyeol out of the room.

What is this I'm feeling inside?

Baekhyun felt empty inside when Taeyeon left the room.

-

a/n : wow chapter 17 already. this book is going to have 30 chapters, so it's technically half way to the epilogue.

Baekhyun has to share Taeyeon with everyone now, so...

are they going to drift apart eventually now that Taeyeon has someone else to talk to?

Baekhyun has lost his chance with her, so it's only fair to give the others a chance to hang out with her.

p.s. asia song festival, i love you

im so blessed to be alive in this era, i thot i was just being dramatic or too obsessive with baekyeon. and i am right.

but now baekyeon has become my drug. it can make me all smiley all day after seeing a baekyeon moment. never thought that i will ever ship two people that much, i will die happy to see them getting married to each other one day :')))