Chapter 4-Friends

Naruto's POV:

Heading out of Konoha, I feel kind of reliefed.I've had enough of the villagers and I'm actually pretty excited to go on this mission.I turn to my left and see Sakura,Sasuke abd Kakashi walking next to me and I see Tazuna on my right.I'd rather do a harder mission but this can do.

"How long till we get there?" I couldn't help it, I'm curious dattebayo.
"We have one more day and a few hours left," Kakashi sensei said
"That much," I sighed.This is going to take longer than expected.
"What did you expect dobe, we need to reach the land of waves.Its far from Konoha." Sasuke is getting on my nerves right now.
"Shut up," I swear. On second thought, he is so annoying. We continue walking in silence as we check the surroundings.After about 2 hours of walking we decide to take a break as Tazuna seems pretty tired.To be honest, I could do this all day.

We set up a base and had a little snack, saving mostbof the food for the journey ahead of us. I heard a sound coming in the direction behind of us and it seems that kakashi and Sasuke also noticed.
Before we could warn the others, a kunai knife landed a few centimeters away from my hand.
"WHAT THE.." I screamed.
"Naruto are you okay?We got enemies on our trail.Show yourselves."
"Yeah I'm okay just suprised Kakashi sensei,"
"So we've been found huh,"a deep voice said.Must be one of the enemies.
"Guess we can't hide from Kakashi of the Sharingan,now can we," said the other enemy.
"Sharingan,"I hear Sasuke mumble.
"Two chūnin huh,I didnt think I would meet them on a C rank mission.Nevermind that Sasuke,Sakura and Naruto protect the client." Kakashi said staring at Tazuna and empathizing the word 'C rank'.
"Got it!" We all said in unison.

Sakura is standing on Tazuna's left,Sasuke on his right and I'm at the front.We must protect him at all costs. I hear and see Kakashi fighting the two enemies but something feels wrong.The moment he hits one of the enemies he disappears. It must be a clone.When I didnt notice, the enemy that was hiding using a clone came infront of me,with his sword in his hand above my head.I didnt have time to react as I was taken by suorise.I close my eyes preparing to get it but instead of feeling pain,I get a droplet of water on my arm.I open my eues and realise its not water but blood.Looking infront of me, I'm suprised at what I see. Sasuke's infront of me with his arm holding off the sword. The sword cutting some of his skin.
"Sasuke-kun!" Sakura is extremletly worried.
"Shut up and protect the client. And you too dobe," why did he save me? Why? I thought he hated me.Suddenly I remember some of my time with Sasuke and start having flashbacks.

*Flashback*

" I heard Sasuke lost all of his clan"
"I know hes the only one left,"
I can hear the rumors and facts about the Uchia slaughter and I feel sorry for him but I'm glad I'm not the only one without parents.
I decided, I'm going to talk to him after the academy.

*at the end of the day*
Here I go. I can see him sitting on the dock next to the river.And without thinking I call his name.
"Sasuke,"
"What do you want,"
What do I do, I don't know what to say.
"Nothing,"
"Dobe," I see him smiling and slightly laughing under his breath. Why did he smile? Does this mean he likes me even though he called me a dobe.I start skipping on my way home knowing that Sasuke doesn't hate me.

*End of Flashback*

*Flashback no.2*

I was tied up to the pole for cheating during the test and now I have to see Sasuke and Sakura eat there lunch while I'm starving. Things always happen to me.
"Hey Naruto you can have mine,we are a team after all."
Sasuke said.

* End of Flashback*

I try to hold in my tears as I realise Sasuke never really hated me, he just never showed he liked me. How could I be so dumb. Finally somone who actually likes me and dosent judge me because of the kyuubi.I cant help it and start crying from how happy I am.
"Naruto it's no time to be crying," Sakura said,"We need to protect Tazuna."
"Why are you crying," Sasuke says as he kicks the ninja behind him, making the sword clatter to the floor.
"Sakura.Sasuke.Thank you for being my first friends and for actually liking me," I say as I cry even more.My little confession got them quite suprised as they both turned towards me with a suprised face.
"Naruto of course we're your friends.I do find you quite annoying at times but we are all part of team 7 now arent we." after Sakura said this I ran and hugged her.
"Naruto you're squishing me," she giggled.
"Yeah, but just protect the client right now," Sasuke said and I swear I saw a smile smile on his face even for just a second.
"Roger!" I let go of Sakura and run  over to Tazuna's side.
"Lets kick this ninja's butt," I shouted and as I said that Sasuke and I started fighting him. We did some Jutsus and were able to tie him up with a rope. Right after Kakashi came back with the other enemy over his shoulder.
"Tazuna you've got some explaing to do," Kakashi stared at Tazuna.
But all the time I can't stop thinking  that I'm not lonely anymore and that maybe when I come back from the mission,the villagers may have gotten over hating me.