We were silent for a few minutes, until Niall said in his adorable Irish accent, "So, Marie. Would you like to eat something in the mall before you go home?"

I thought about it for a minute. My father didn't usually call until the afternoon, so I probably had enough time. But why would Niall want to spend more time with me? I was the pathetic loser most people ignored. I thought about it for a minute before I answered.

"Yeah, okay. I'd like that," I smiled at him. He returned the grin and pinched my cheek.

"Youch! What was that for?" I rubbed my cheek.

"You're just so cute, I had to do that!" He laughed and for some reason blushed. I could feel myself blushing, too. Why would he say something like that?

Niall coughed and said, "As Zayn would say during an awkward moment, Vas Happenen'?" I giggled. It certainly was an awkward moment. But Zayns' famous phrase dissolved the awkwardness.

"Hey, you're limping!" Naill said.

"I'm fine. I just twisted it a little. No need to make a fuss, Niall," I said.

"But I'm the one who did that to you!" he shouted. I mentally facepalmed. How many times was I gonna' have to tell him to forget about it? It was just as much my fault, too. I was the one who was playing with my iPod instead of watching where I was going.

Groaning, I told him, "Like I've said before, it isn't all your fault! I wasn't paying attention, either. So you should just forget about it."

Before I could protest, Niall wrapped his arms around me in a hug. It was painful and comfortable at the same time, if that makes any sense. We just stood in the middle of the mall parking lot hugging for about five minutes. Finally, Niall drew back and we resumed walking. This time, he reached for my hand and we ended up walking hand in hand all the way to the mall.

"Where do you want to eat? I'm paying cause' since I work here, I have discounts," I said. Yep, working at a Hollisters outlet had it's benifits, other than the pay.

But Niall had other ideas. He playfully slapped my arm and said, "Not a chance. Breakfast is on me today." After a minute I shrugged and said, "Fine, I'm not one to pass up a free meal!" He laughed and smiled at me with his perfectly imperfect teeth.

"Do you want to eat at IHOP? It's right down the street," Niall said. I turned my head towards him so fast that my neck popped painfully. Niall laughed loudly as I massaged my neck.

"Yeah, IHOP sounds great," I said, when he'd finally stopped laughing. That settled, we resumed walking hand in hand to the IHOP. It was about a ten minute walk and by the time we reached the resturant, my ankle was on fire. Even this early in the morning, there was a waiting list to get in. Niall motioned for me to take a seat on a bench and he walked into the IHOP. I sat down with a sigh of relief. Leaning over, I pulled my right pant leg up enough to see my ankle. It was swollen and red.

Suddenly, Niall was in front of me again. Seeing my ankle, he knelt down and took it in his hands. I yelped when he touched it and he jerked away, an apology written all over his face.

"I think you should see a doctor, Marie. I'll pay for the medical bills," Niall said, staring into my eyes. But I avoided his gaze and said, "No, thanks. It'll be fine in a day or two. So how long do we have to wait for a table?"

Niall stared at me for a moment but eventually he decided to take the subject change and said, "Oh, I pulled a few strings. We can go in now." He winked.

I blinked and just decided to go with it. I stood up and followed Niall into the IHOP and we were escorted to a booth. Instead of sitting across from me like I expected, Niall scooched in right next to me. The waitress handed us the menus and I began looking through it. I decided on pancakes (duh!) and sausage with scrambled eggs.

When I told Niall what I wanted, he laughed and said, "I was thinking the same thing!" When the waitress came around again, Niall gave her our order and she walked away.

I had thought that this would be very awkward, just sitting waiting for our food, but I had forgotten one very important thing: this boy was Niall Horan. He had me laughing at his silly jokes the whole time.

When our food finally came, we ate it very fast. When he was finished, he let out a loud belch. I raised an eyebrow and he said, "Excuse me."

"You're excused," I said and we both bust out laughing again. It was then that I remembered that one of the boys had put something in my pocket. It turned out to be a ..... Carrot!

I showed it to Niall and we said two different things at the same time.

"That boy is crazy," I said.

"He needs to be in an insane assylum," Niall said.

We looked at each other and practically fell out of the booth laughing.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, please vote, comment and fan. I would really appreciate your feedback. :)