Surprise Guest

Chapter 7

My father finally, finally, had an uninterrupted visit with me. I got to have him to myself for an entire evening, and that was something I'd never experienced before. But alas, the day grew old and the time came for the party. My father and I went our separate ways an hour before the guests began arriving.

I made my way down to my room, finding my maids there awaiting me. They were floating in front of my vanity, their hand held in front of them.

"Sorry for making you wait for me." I apologized as I strode over to them.

"Do not apologize, milady. We would wait for eternity for you." Nylla insisted.

I gave them a small smile. "Thank you."

Polly cleared her throat. Her clear face was obviously tensed as she spoke, as though something was biting at her. "Milady. We have prepared a gown for you that we think is more suited for your body."

I knit my eyebrows together. "What kind of gown? May I see?"

She nodded and floated over to my closet. From it, she produced a black and white gown. It was most certainly different from the ones I usually wore.

My dresses were typically flimsy and light weight. This dress was practically the polar opposite. It had a tight top to it but then it glared out at the bottom, just enough to create a small hour glass figure. The skirt portion was white, but there was another layer on top of it that was black. The black cloth only hung around the skirt, leaving a triangle of white in the front to be seen.

"This is gorgeous." I breathed. "Where did you find such a gown?"

The girls became bashful. "We designed and created it, ma'am." Nylla explained.

"You all did?" I inquired. They nodded in response. "Then let me just say that you have some amazing talents."

They seemed to blush at my comments. "Thank you, milady." Polly said. "Shall you put it on?"

I nodded. "I would love to."

With the girls help, I was able to slip the gown over my head. It shaped my body perfectly, revealing my smooth curves. I hadn't seen it, but the back had black, silk ribbon that was to be fastened like that of a corset. When that had been accomplished, it somehow made the gown even more exotic.

"We also had a pair of shoes made for you." Nylla explained. Hylla drew a box from underneath my bed and revealed a pair of fashionable black heels, with only a slim strap to secure it. The heel itself was only an inch in length, but that was still more than I had ever worn.

"We are aware this all a bit new to you, but we wanted to make you look more like a woman." Hylla whispered.

"I can see." I said. "Then let's do it. It could be fun." The maid smiled and slipped the shoes onto my feet. They were surprisingly comfortable and easy to walk in.

"Milady, time for your hair." Polly informed me. Wordlessly, I took my place in front of the mirror.

Polly undid my hair, setting my thin hair free. My hair was my favorite feature. It's bleach color was unique and it so straight it amazed me.

I expected Polly to pull it back or curl it, but she left it as it was.

"Are you not going to do anything more?" I asked as she knelt down to open up a drawer.

"No, milady. We made a head piece to go with the gown." She produced a wide black head band with a silk ribbon, matching to the one on my back, that was sewn on. "Would you prefer for me to do something with your hair?"