It's all so fast

It happened. His lips were warm and soft. It felt right, like they were meant to be. No. They can't, too Mich has happened. But it felt so right. Also wrong. She gave in pushing all fear in the back of her mind.
   She tied the her arms around his neck. His slid around her waist. It lasted forever. She never wanted it to stop. It felt like a dream, but if it was she would be awake by now. Slowly, ever so slowly they broke apart. Kai rested his forehead on Cinder's. 

   "Cinder..." He said so quietly she wasn't even sure if he said it.
   "Kai, what... I... I don't understand." Cinder tripped over her words.
   "Well if you want to go over it again I gladly will." There was and ear to ear smile on his face, and a teasing glint in his eyes. 
   "No, no. I mean I refuse your request many times, and then you come and kiss me." Cinder started to get a headache. "To be fair you are the one who kissed me."
   "Shut up."  Cinder brought her hands to his chest. For some reason she was afraid to find no heart beat. Yet there it was. He was alive... And in her arms. "I didn't come here to ask you about.... " He lowered his voice,  "you know what. I just wanted to see you. Oh!" Kai reached into his hoodie pocket and grabbed out the most beautiful wrapping paper covered object. The job was well done was a different story. "I also come bearing gifts, well a gift." He scratched behind his ear. (Can you guess what it is?) 
   "No. No. No gifts. I can't and won't have whatever that is." Cinder pushed herself all the way from Kai's grasp, regretting it as soon as she did it.
   "Too bad. Take it. Come on I want to see you open it." Kai got very giddy like a three year old on their birthday. Cinder knew there was no more argument.
   "Fine." She said through gritted teeth. She opened the fine wrapping paper to see even more beautiful silk gloves resting on top of the other side of the paper.(I feel no need to explain what they look like) "Kai." He tried stopping her, but failed.
   "Why waste univs on these. On me? I don't need these gloves." She knew why. He knew why. "Please?" He didn't have to say anything else. "Ugh. I will think about." His face lit up so fast. He grabbed her waist and pulled her against him to give her another kiss. When his lips rested on hers again she felt a tingle up her spin, In a good way. It was a quick kiss. But still a kiss from Kai. A Comm from Adri slide across her vision. Knowing exactly what it was she wrapped the gloves back up and put them in on of the cleaner pockets of her cargo pants. "I have to go. And I will think about it." Cinder squeezed Kai's hand as a sign of good bye and walked away. It's all so fast, but Cinder wanted to get ahead.

   She was falling for the Prince. And when she lands, she lands without survival. She knew it. Everyone knew it.

_____________ A/N

 (520 words) 

  So this is going to start leading away a lot more than it already is from the original book. I am really happy with this story so far. Please comment what you think of my options from my last update/draft. And please vote. Imma sleep now.

  - socially awkward butterfly