Totally sociable Cinder

Cinder held Peony close to her as she ran through the palace. "CINDER! You do realize that we are in the palace, the palace...." Peony looked up dreamingly, "That Prince Kai is in."
      "Well you seem to be doing better. And yes, yes I do." Cinder turned and looked at Peony with a heavy glare.
     "Look Peony, we need to get to the doctor. And I have something really important to tell you. But first, I'm not supposed to be in the palace if I want to have a higher chance of living tonight." Peony tilted her head then went wide eyed.
     "What exactly, does a doctor and palaces have to do with us?" Just as Peony asked, Cinder heard the one person she didn't want to hear at that moment.
    "Cinder? What are you doing here... again?" Asked Kai. Peony slowly turned to face the one person in the world that Cinder didn't want to see at this time. The young girl opened her mouth to scream, but Cinder jumped and covered her mouth. Kai gave Cinder a look that had 'thank you' written all over it.
     "We were just heading down to Dr. Erland office... for an android check up." Kai gave a look toward Peony. "Oh, stars. Um... this is my younger sister. She was with me and we were only going to be a few minutes...."
    "Is this the sister I agreed with you that I would dance with, if she survived?" Kai interrupted her. Peony turned to face Cinder with even wider eyes. With her hand still on her face. "Um... yeah. She was.... a test subject," TEST SUBJECT! Cinder screamed to herself, that's the best I could come up with. Well we are screwed, "for the doctor, to test the." Cinder stopped realizing she shouldn't know about the antidote. "To test the... well I'm not sure. Please excuse us your majesty. We really have to get going." Cinder was in the middle of an awkward curtsey when. "Please, let me walk you down."

   When they got to the elevator,  Kai were standing close to Cinder. Closer than she wanted. Peony was mostly just staring at Kai.
    "She reminds me of your friend Iko." Kai said leaning close to Cinders ear, sending shivers down her spine.
    "She does," Cinder turned to him, "and Kai will you dance with her?" Cinder said more as a command than a question.
   ."Of course." He did that smile that could make every girl in the world get all giddy, but make Cinder melt. "Speaking of, Cinder have you thought of my offer? Because seriously, I don't want to be with Levana all night." 

   "Try asking my sister." Cinder lifted her head toward the young girl with spit threatening to fall out of her mouth. Cinder moved around Kai and snapped in her face. "Wha.... huh?" 
     "Peony can you please be a little more polite to the janitor who will have to clean up your spit." The sisters just chuckled a little before they heard the ding of the elevator. Cinder looked at Peony then Kai.
     "Ok listen I need to talk to Kai... his highness in private for a little bit. Just stay here." Cinder said to Peony quickly before walking back into the elevator with kai.
     "So, I know you want to say something, spill it." Cinder said matter of factly.
   "Cinder. Please, I am to the point of saying as your.... higher in command... I command you to go to the ball with me." They both just laughed.
    "Kai look, this is awfully sweet, but my guardian would never allow it and I don't have anything nice to wear." Is that actually a worry, what to wear? Cinder mentally kicked herself. Kai inched a little closer, not too much to really notice, except Cinder did.
   "I can't win this, can I?" He looked at her defeated.
   "My sister is out there. I need to go." She was about to open the door before she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "And you being higher in command can't make me go to something I can't." Cinder opened the door taking Peony's hand walking away.

__________ A/N

   (OMG 667 words!) I am pretty proud of this chapter. What do you guys think?

   Ok so I have been listening to Dear Evan Hansen, y'all need to listen to the music. Though it's really sad, but why not. And my nail just chipped. I have little boundaries... sorry. Anyway byeeeeee.

   -socially awkward butterfly