Chapter 10

Kent and Des and spent the entire day together at Kent's house. It was about 7:30 p.m.. Miyah had went to a friend's house to spend the night. She had been in bed all day and when she finally gotten out, she was bored so she had Kent call her friend's mom to come get her. Kent's mom had called to check on him about an hour ago. Kent told her that he had female company over. Kent's mom was never the type to be strict on him. She trusted his judgement. She told Kent that her and his dad had been skating and were on they're way out to eat. Kent told them not to rush home and to have fun. She sent him kisses through the phone and hung up.

Kent and Des had been outside for the past 40 minutes or so. They sat on the swing and watched the sunset. I know how cliché that is, but they still enjoyed it. It was getting cold, so they made their way back inside.

They were back on the couch. Kent let Des pick out the movie this time, and she found some new romance movie.

"I heard this movie was good," she said laying the remote down.

Kent noticed how she was sitting up on the couch.

"You can relax ya' know. I want you to be comfortable," he said.

She paused and looked at him with this smirk on her face.

"Okay. I will."

She took of her shoes and she grabbed a pillow and put it on Kent's legs and laid her head across his lap.

"This okay?" she asked.

Kent put his hand on her head and rubbed through her hair.

"This is perfect."

The movie had just started and Kent couldn't have been any happier.

"So what's the movie about?" Kent asked.

"It's about this girl and boy that meet on some school trip to Germany and fall in love and spend years trying to get back to each other. Its so romantic."

"Sounds like I may have to go get you some tissue." Kent said smiling.

"Shut up" She smiled back.

As the movie started, Kent looked down at Des. He just stared at her, appreciating every single aspect of her beauty, thinking about is lucky he would be to have such an angel by his side.

Kent had a rule when it came to women. Never dwell too much thinking about the future. That doesn't mean to find someone that doesn't have potential. It means to not to sit around and plan out how things would be in the future. People's emotions are too unstable nowadays. They can wake up one day and lose all interest in you. If you sit around thinking about how things could be between yourself and someone else, and then that person leaves you, you've just committed emotional suicide. You hang yourself in your own thoughts.

This was an important rule to Kent who tends to overthink a lot. However, he couldn't help but think about how things would be if him and Des ended up together. The thought warmed his entire body.

"That's the girl," Des said interrupting Kent's sea of thoughts.

Kent looked at the TV and then looked down at her.

"She's beautiful," he said softly.

Des noticed the pause before Kent's response, and she turned her head to look up at him. Her eyes met with his. The two looked at each other, losing themselves in the other's eyes. Kent slowly placed his hand on the side of her face and rubbed your cheek with his thumb.

She placed her hand on top of his.

Kent eyes moved down from her glaring eyes to her shining lips, which were again covered in a light coat of lip gloss. He slowly leans down, moving his face closer to hers. Her eyes lit up with excitement. They both close their eyes just before their lips finally touch. Kent kisses her for only a few seconds before retreating. He wanted to know if she was okay with what was happening. He leaned up and looked her in her eyes. She gently grabs his face and nods her head. Kent sets his other hand on the other side of her face and kisses her again. She sat up and turned her body facing him as she sat in his lap. He kissed her starting from her lips, down her jaw and onto her neck. Des lifted her head up for easy access. Kent was an artist painting his name with his tongue on her canvas. He lifted her up, and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He then carried her upstairs to his room with them kissing up each step.