Prologue

Beatrice's POV:
My father pulled up in front of our new home, that was facing a cliff, where a boardwalk sat at the bottom. The two of us walked into the house that looked old. "How long has it been since someone has lived here?" I asked as I pulled a cobweb off the staircase. My dad shrugged and said "I don't know. It's not too bad." I didn't say anything and walked upstairs. I looked at the bedrooms and picked one with the cliff view. The movers put my water bed in the corner of the room. I began blasting music and hanging up my posters. Once I finished I walked downstairs and saw my dad rummaging through boxes. "Hey dad, is it true that Santa Carla is the murder capital of the world?" I asked him. Dad looked at me and said "no. This place is rough but it's definitely not the murder capital of the world. Not much has changed here since I was a kid. I grew up in this house." "What did you do here? There's nothing to do." I said. Dad chuckled and said "the boardwalk. That's where the fun is. You can go there tonight. Or the beach. The beach is nice too." I sighed and looked at the dusty old house. Our next door neighbor was a short walk away. There was literally nobody where we lived. My mom passed away a few years back. Now it's just my dad and I. He's super overprotective of me. He has lots of rules set in for me. I usually follow them but when I'm feeling rebellious, I don't. I walked upstairs and changed into shorts and a crop top. My bathing suit was under my shirt and shorts. "Dad!" I called. "Yeah?" He asked. "Can you drop me off at the beach? I'll be back later." I said as I got the bottom of the stairs. He drove me to the beach and dropped me off. The people here dressed differently. Their hair was crazy and everyone on the beach looked like a bum, while everyone on the boardwalk wore leather. Weird. I went swimming for a few hours before getting something to eat. I had a pretty decent tan since I was out there all day. Santa Carla was treating me nice so far. To be honest this place was a lot cooler than where I used to live. I came from Florida but I lived in the country part. Not the beachy part. I never got to go to the beach. So this place was amazing to me. I put my shorts and crop top over my suit and headed towards the boardwalk since it was getting dark.

Yes this is short! But the next chapter will be longer and it's the first official chapter. I had a Lost Boys book at one point but it was TRASH, so I got rid of it. I'm redoing it. With a different love interest. My last one was a Marko fanfic. Jamison himself, inspired me to write this book. So if you guys end up liking this.....thank him.
~Skylar✨☁️🖤💘