Chapter 7

Have you ever just have dream where all that they are, are just shadows of your own past and mistakes? It's not even a full visual of what had happened; there are only you drowning in absolute darkness, consumed by your own fears and insecurities. And worst of all, memories. The remembrance of what could've been and what shouldn't have happened slowly but surely suffocate you. That's what I'm going through right now.

I willed myself to open my eyes, in hopes that this slow murder would stop. Even knowing perfectly well that whatever this misery is; is just a dream. If it ended up with death, I wouldn't be as scared. But this, it's just constant torture. After what feels like hours, I'm finally awake. I stare at the ceiling attempting to calm my breathing, hating the fact that I'm still not used to this after all these years.

I turn to my alarm clock and for the hundredth time, I wished that I could wake up to its ringing rather than waking up from a horrid nightmare. After a full ten minutes of staring, I willed myself to get up and just take out the batteries. It's useless anyways. Going through the same routine over and over and over again is wearing me out. Took a shower, brushed my teeth, dry my hair, preparing myself emotionally for another day of school.

I put on my earphones, playing a random song in hopes to keep my mind occupied to keep the memories away as I was waiting for the bus to pick me up. The sweet melody of Hallelujah gave me a sweet sense of peace for a moment, until a certain noise pollution interrupt screech in my ears.

"Babeeeeeeeeeeee..." upon hearing his stupid voice, my migraine appears. This guy is going to drive me insane, I swear it. "I'm driving you to school, remember?"

Please dear Zeus, for once do what I'm asking you to do and freaking smite him. I looked away from him and acted as if I didn't even notice his existence despite his absurd honking spree. Damn you Zeus, damn you to hell. Be miserable with Hades' shitty puns.

Thunders crackles

OH now you heard me. I cursed him over and over knowing that he can't do anything without pissing off Aphrodite. Suddenly he was waving his hands in front of my face, once again invading my personal space. "Angel!"

"WHAT?!"

"Let's go, we're going to be late for school." The guy said with his cute adorable smile. Peanut butter, I love those dimples. Wait- what the snickerdoodles?! What are you on about, Faith?! Get a grip!

"Since when do assholes like you care about being late to school?" I asked sarcastically.

"Since I met you, baby." He replied with a wink. With a freaking wink. I gave him my most disgusted look. He just laughed and proceeds to grab my hand, pulling me towards his car. "Her name is Aayla."

"What?" Who the clownfish is he talking about?

"The car. Her name is Aayla. She's my baby."

"You actually named your car?" I asked him baffled with the reveal. I can't believe that people actually do that. I thought those stuffs only happens in books and movies.

"Why are you so surprised? She's my first car, and my only car. Of course she's my baby and of course she has a name. How else am I supposed to tell her I love her?" I just continued with my baffled look to him. He's a weird one, that's for sure. "Wait, baby, are you jealous?"

"Of a car? Pfft."

"Ohhh so you'll get jealous if it's not a car, then?"

"I don't get jealous of anything when it comes to you, okay?!"

"Whatever you say, love." Fish. I hate him. He stood beside his car opening the passenger's door, gave me a quick cheeky smile then proceeds to push me in. That bastard, how dare he push me around? If I was a mean person, I would've turned him into a toad by now. And trust me, I can do exactly that. "Babe."

"What do you want?", I mumbled, refusing to use more energy than I should on him.

"Remember the rules?", He turns as he stops for the red traffic light.

"What rules?", I asked back. I can't remember any rules other than the one Aphrodite gave me. Hm. Maybe... "School rules?"

He gave me an amused look then mildly shakes his head. "No, baby. How could you forget something that happened just yesterday?"

"Yesterday...? What?" What happened yesterday? I can't really remember...

"You're acting like an old lady," he laughed. Darn it, he looks so adorable with that laugh. Geez, stop it Faith! Get a grip on your hormones!

"Well, I'm sorry. I don't remember irrelevant stuffs." Yes, Faith. Good comeback. I'm so proud of myself. Suddenly the tension in the car felt thicker. I turned to look at him and sees that he's grip on the steering wheel tightens. Is he having a stroke? "Axel? Are you okay?"

"No. I'm not okay." He turns to a corner and stopped at the side of the road. What the plum is going on right now?

"Listen closely, Faith." Frick, he's calling me by my name. What did I do now? I swear I'm innocent, I think. "You are mine, my lady, and my girlfriend. No, you can't refuse. I'm not giving you a choice. You are not to flirt with any other guys. If I see anyone touching you the wrong way, let them be a random guy or girl, I will snap their necks. You will always be with me. I won't lie, I'll be clingy as fck. You can be as clingy as you want as well, I'll love it. If you have plans, let me know. So I can make sure that you stay safe and protected. And one more thing, I can kiss you, hug you, and cuddle with you whenever I want. Understood?"

"Excuse me, you're not my husband. You have no righ-"

"If that's your excuse, then we'll get married as soon as you turn eighteen."

"What the flounder?! You can't make me. That's not how things wor-"

"This is exactly how it works. End of." He ended the argument with a glare. I can't help but glare back at him, the evilest one I could muster. He stared into my eyes for a while and his gaze softens; I melted. He took both of my hands and gave my right palm a kiss before holding it against his cheek. "I'm sorry. I just, know what I want. Even if you fight this, I will fight for you until you have no other choice but to be mine. You intrigue me, love. There's just something about you that I can't resist. So let me have my chance, okay?"

"You barely know me, Axel. It's been less than a week. Barely a day or two. Don't you think that you're rushing this too much?" This all doesn't make sense. Is Aphrodite playing a joke on me, again? And is this guy insane? I got to talk some sense into this guy. "Just... give it a little time, okay?"

"Sorry, Pumpkin. I know what I want and it's you. I'll make you fall in love with me. You'll see." Oh lord...