Day 16

LeShawna and I were trying to make Gwen feel better since Trent left. “Girl you got to put Trent out of your head” LeShawna said. “I know, I just miss him so much already.” She said.

“It’s ok, it’s not like you’ll never see him again” I said.

“Well baby girl, nothing heals a broken heart like revenge” LeShawna said. We smiled at each other.

~

We all went out to the dock where Chris was to tell us our challenge for the day “Today’s challenge is a good old fashion game of hide and seek” Chris said. “You all get 10 minutes to hide before Chef Hatchet comes looking for you. With his military background and advanced degree in man hunting he is uniquely qualified to make this game, excruciatingly, hard” he said as Chef took out a water gun.

“What’s with the water gun?” Duncan asked as Chef pointed the target at Duncan’s forehead.

“The life guard chair is home base, when he finds you Chef’ll try to spray you, if you escape his blast you can try to run to home base but if he catches you on your way, he’ll dowse you” Chris said.

So like a manhunt game? I’m in. “Oh so we’re gonna get splashed by a bit of water, now I’m terrified!” Duncan said, I rolled my eyes smiling.

“Why don’t you demonstrate Chef?” Chris said as Chef pumped the gun pointing it at Chris. A lot more water came out than I thought. It sent Chris flying. “Not on me dude!!” Chris yelled.

He came back over to us “So how do we win this game?” Heather asked. Chris was dripping wet “You’ve got three options, one don’t get discovered in your hiding place, two run to home base before Chef blasts you, three once you’ve been caught help Chef find other campers. Do any of those and you win invincibility, all clear?”

“Uhhh,” Lindsay started.

“You get ten minutes to hide, GO!” Chris said and we all ran leaving Lindsay standing there. Duncan and I ran off.

“Where we gonna hide?” I asked. “I know the perfect spot, just follow me” Duncan said.

~

We finally found this big cave “Duncan this is perfect Chef will never find us” I said.

“Exactly now come on” He said. “Alright, I have to do something really quick so do you mind going on top of the cave?”

“What do you have to do?” I asked.

“Just something” He said.

“Duncan” I said. Since when does he hide stuff from me. Ok well, he hid the stuff about Courtney but you get my point. “Tell me”

“Alexandra” He said 

I sighed “Fine, fine, do your little secret stuff, not telling the one you love, it’s cool, no trust, that's fine” I said as I walked out climbing up to the top.

“I trust you, this is just something that I can’t tell girls” He said holding my ankles not letting me climb further.

“Ohhhh, I get it” I said rolling my eyes jumping up sitting on the flat cave roof. “Thank you baby” He said.

“Yeah yeah get back in the cave” I said. He smiled walking in. I hope he could realize I could still hear him. I waited awhile while I saw DJ Geoff and finally Owen all wander by. As they did Duncan would call them into the cave. I listened carefully.

“Sh!” Duncan said to Owen.

“Hey guys, great hiding spot! Yeah!” Owen said.

 “Listen up boys, we’re in trouble” I heard Duncan say. In trouble? “Ok? There are seven chicks on the island and only four dudes” He said.