Day 5

I woke up from yet another Duncan dream. I wished so bad that those dreams would be a reality, oh well better get dressed. I looked around and realized something. No one else was here not even Bridgette. “Guys?” I asked.

No one answered. I quickly got dressed and brushed my hair and did makeup and everything else you’d do in the morning and went outside. I saw people by the bon fire pit. “Phew” I sighed going to them.

“Nice of you to join us Alex” Chris said. The only seat left was next to Duncan, sounds good to me. I lightly hit Bridgette’s shoulder while I was going to my seat. She looked at me “Way to wake me up!” I whispered.

I sat down next to Duncan. “Do you sleep like the dead or something?” He asked. I laughed “It depends, best not to wake me up though”

“Camper’s today’s challenge will test your outdoor survival skills. I’m not gonna lie to you, some of you may not come back alive” Chris said making us gasp. “Just joking. Hahaha all you have to do is spend one night in the woods. Everything you need is at your team’s camp site in the forest, you just have to find it” He took out maps and compasses.

He threw one to Heather and one to Duncan. “Oh and watch out for bears, lost a couple interns in pre-production. First team back for breakfast wins invincibility!” Chris told us.

Courtney took the map from Duncan. “Touchy” I rolled my eyes at her. Chris blew an air horn to send us off “Well off you go” We got up and started walking into our camping adventure.

~

“This should be a breeze” I said when we were in the forest.

“Yeah, camping’s too easy” Duncan said.

“Well me and my guys cousin’s had camp outs ALL the time back home” I told him.

“Oh yeah you said that back during the torture challenge” He said referring to the Awake-a-Thon, it was a nice name for it. “And you’d always prank your little brother and scare him”

I laughed remembering all the times I’d scare Matt so bad that’d I’d make him pee his pants “Ah, good times” It took us awhile to get there; but after a little walking we were finally at the campsite.

~

When we got there we started a fire and a few people set up the tent. I was putting the pegs down for the tent and Courtney was next to me. Oh how I wanted to trip her since she was standing and I was on my knees. Duncan came over “What's for dinner, woman? I'm starving!” He said.

I mean he said it to Courtney but for the first time I wanted to hit him in a non-kidding way. I hoped he was just joking around about the whole “woman” thing. “I hope you don't expect me to dignify that with a response” Courtney said.

“Hey guys look what I found!” DJ said coming out with a rabbit in his arms, it coughed a little. “Aww! It’s so cute!” I said going over to DJ and petting its little head.

“Well I never had rabbit stew before but what the heck, I’m game” Duncan said. I smacked his arm yet again “We can’t kill a bunny!”

Courtney and Harold came over too. “This is my new pet! I’m calling him Bunny” DJ said. “Original, but he’s adorable” I smiled.

“You couldn’t find any food?” Courtney asked, DJ shook his head making her sigh “Well it looks like we’re eating grubs and berries for dinner”

“Has anyone seen Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Idiot?” Duncan asked referring to Katie and Sadie.

“I haven’t seen them for hours” I said looking around.