Fountain Reunion

Amethyst grunts under Steven's weight as she lugs him over to a stern, somewhat glaring Garnet who has folded her arms, casting her eyes down on him from behind her signature visor. "Hmph!" Amethyst lets out one final, strained grunt as she lays him down on his back.

In the blink of an eye, Garnet flicks the wrist of her left hand to have her palm facing the dull pink sky above. A glimmering cyan whistle pops up a few inches above it as she swipes it from the air. She brings it up to her mouth to plug it on the thinning side, bringing certain fingers up and down in a pattern.

A strange, indescribable sound in which can be compared to that of a bird call resonates throughout the area. Within seconds later, the warp pad behind Lapis activates as a threatening blue beacon shoots straight up into the sky.

As the plume of smoke rises from this explosion within her perception, Lapis leaps into the bushes out of harms way as a familiar slim figure appears from the dissipating beacon. She pants as she rushes over to her allies. "G-Garnet! The-!"

She nearly collapses on Steven's body as she slaps her hands down on her knees, gasping for breath. She slaps her left hand on Garnet's thick right leg. "The corruption is spreading!" Garnet whips her glare over to her asset. "Pearl, why didn't you call us?"

Pearl grimaces at her before casting her eyes down towards Amethyst. "I...did you have your whistle, Amethyst?" Amethyst gulps as Garnet groans. "You two lost your whistles, didn't you?" The two bring their heads down in shame as Garnet shifts away from Pearls reach, forcing her to retract her hand.

Garnet scoffs. "I thought you two were taking this mission seriously! We can't afford anymore errors like this! If something like this happens to Steven, and we mess up again, we're not getting him back!" Garnet picks up Steven's body and hauls him over her shoulder.

She turns away from the Gems as Lapis watches through her bulging eyes. Garnet approaches the fountain as Lapis narrows her eyes from behind the rose bush. Garnet steps up to the rushing water as she brings the unconscious body from her shoulder to where she could see him face to face.

She waits a few moments before simply dropping Steven into the water. With a heavy splash, Lapis gawks at the action, nearly gasping from her disgust. Garnet folds her arms and she bends her head down as the water glows a tint of pink.

Pearl and Amethyst watch from behind as Lapis, behind them, triggers her trap. With the flick of her own wrist from the left hand, a mountain of water sprouts up into the air, causing Garnet to jolt as Pearl and Amethyst take an abrupt step back.

Garnet whips her body around, clenching her teeth as Pearl and Amethyst gape with their backs turned towards their leader. Lapis leaps out of the bush, sprouting out her water wings a few feet up to allow herself to hover. She curls her fingers into fists as her wings flutter in the sight of the Gems.

They stand their ground as Garnet lifts her head up to confront her nemesis, raising her voice in a battle cry. "Lapis Lazuli!" Pearl and Amethyst pull out their weapons as gauntlets flash onto Garnet's hands.
"This is your final warning! Stand down or be destroyed!"

Lapis remains still for a moment as her eyes dart towards the glowing water of the fountain. After a moment's notice, Lapis springs into action as she launches herself towards the water. "GEMS! Take her out!"

Amethyst lashes out her whip first as Lapis dives down just enough to have the back of her hair meet the ends of the weapon. Pearl launches her spear next. Lapis catches the spear as it passes through her fingers and off towards the rose bush she was hiding in.

In a heavy splash, Lapis carries a wave of water big enough to take the Gems by surprise, forcing them to shield their eyes. Lapis holds her mouth shut as she swims down towards a still gem cracked Steven. Lapis stops for a moment, allowing her mouth to drop.

"It...didn't work?" Out of the blue, the water zaps and sparks as Lapis screams a torrent of bubbles from her mouth. Steven's body experiences the shock as it pokes small holes into his skin with strings of blood and smoke spewing out from them.

Lapis drifts down towards Steven, taking his limp right hand through gritted teeth. She embraces him and she convulses from the shock as she squints her eyes shut for a moment. She brings her head towards the surface and she starts kicking back up, flailing her free right arm.

She gasps as her head pops out of the surface of the water for a moment. The second time she resurfaces, she meets the intense fury of the Gems standing in right front of her with all of their weapons aiming down at their targets.