Two Conflicts, One Connection

Steven abruptly sits up as his eyes bulge open. He gasps and he pants as his heart races from the nightmare he just witnessed. His forehead sweats as he gazes at the television screen ahead of him revealing his reflection.

His mind takes a moment to recover as he clutches his stomache covered by the red star T-shirt with his left hand. The temple door opens as Amethyst steps out, staring down at the glossy dark floor ahead of her.

Steven turns his gaze in her direction as Pearl turns around with a glare crossing her face. She folds her arms as she bends her head down towards the Quartz. "Where have you been?! Lapis could've escaped had I not stepped in here in time!"

Amethyst lifts her head up as Pearl continues her scolding. "I swear, you have been nothing but trouble always goofing off and making messes! Why did you abandon your guard?!" Amethyst remains mute as Pearl stares her down.

Lapis, like Steven, watches the two Gems have their confrontation out of sheer curiosity as she sits on the couch nearby. Amethyst finally casts her eyes back down on the warp pad with a sigh, curling her hands on her sides into fists. She closes her eyes for a moment. "Lapis...!"

She scoffs as she blushes, clenching her teeth. Pearl raises an eyebrow as Amethyst blurts out her response. "I'm not what I'm supposed to be, Pearl, alright!" Pearl takes a moment to process what was said before dropping her glare.

"I'm not like you or Garnet or even Steven. I'm just...an outcast." Pearl's lips curl down as she brings her hands back down to her sides. "You knew. Garnet knew. Rose...knew. But you've always been treating this like it is some big joke!" Pearls eyes droop. "Amethyst, did Lapis make you...feel...this way?"

Amethyst reluctantly nods as Pearl steps down from the warp pad. Lapis' eyes widen as she watches Pearl gradually lose her guard. Her plan is finally coming together! She gets up and turns around to look up at Steven watching from his bed.

Pearl bends down on her knees to place her hands on Amethyst's shoulders. "I had no idea you were upset about it, Amethyst." She smiles as Lapis creeps up the stairwell towards Steven's room. "Listen, it's going to be okay. Don't listen to anything that witch ever tells you."

Lapis steps up to Steven, reaching out to place a hand on his right shoulder with a whisper. "Steven."
"She's trying to discombobulate us." Steven gasps as he whips his body around towards Lapis. She shushes him, pointing down towards the warp pad downstairs.

"I don't know exactly what she's up to, but one thing is for certain." Steven looks back up towards Lapis. "Now's our chance." Steven bites his lip, turning back to Pearl and Amethyst for a moment. "She's trying to get back to Homeworld." Lapis scoffs at Steven. "Why not?"

Steven debates against her in a whisper. "Lapis, I don't think we should be doing this! This is crazy!" Pearl's eyebrows cross down towards her pointy nose. "We can't let that happen." Lapis folds her arms with a glare. "Steven, I'm leaving with or without you. I'm giving you a choice."

Pearl blinks her eyes. "Think about the consequences. If Lapis escapes, she could report to the Diamonds or request backup to invade the planet." Steven grits his teeth. "Lapis, why can't you just give the Earth a chance?! You might really like it here and you don't even know it!"

Pearl sighs. "I understand that you are upset about the past. But during times such as this, you can't afford to let your guard down like that." Lapis shakes her head. "But the Earth isn't my home! You know that!" Amethyst nods. "I'm sorry. I just wish I didn't come out the way I did."

Steven looks away for a moment as Lapis urges for him to take advantage of the opportunity. "Steven, if we don't leave now, they're gonna bubble me away and you're gonna to stay grounded!"

Pearl's lips curl upward. "There's nothing to be ashamed of, Amethyst. You turned out this way because of the Kindergartens." She places a hand on her cheek. "So please. Don't beat yourself up over this." Steven points at Lapis, glaring at her.

"Well that is your fault! You didn't need to make Amethyst feel bad o-or get yourself trapped in a mirror!" Lapis clenches her teeth as her eyes widen. Amethyst wraps her arms around Pearl, embracing her as she closes her eyes. Pearl closes her own as Lapis' face scrunches.

"That's it! You know what?! Stay on this shell for all I care! I'm going home!" Amethyst's lips curl up with glee. "Thank you, Pearl." Lapis turns away from Steven as she starts heading down the stairs. "Goodbye, Steven." She makes her way towards the warp pad as Pearl and Amethyst let go of each other.

They get up and Amethyst turns around as Lapis breaks into a sprint. The front door behind her opens as Pearl and Amethyst widen their eyes. Garnet gasps along with the latter as Lapis freezes in her tracks in between the stunned Crystal Gems.