Chapter 10

As Emily and Morgan got into the car again after the most wonderful evening they'd had in a long time, both were just so much happier and relaxed. Morgan had been amazing. He'd ordered filé mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and then a creamy chocolate cake that they shared for dessert. Emily couldn't remember ever being this full.

They held each other's hand the entire car ride home. Emily's eyes was on him the whole time, while his was on the road, only glancing at her from time to time. God, she loved this man. She never thought she would be able to love someone that much and had lost hope in ever getting a family.

Morgan finally pulled up on their street and Emily actually dreaded getting out of the car. She didn't want the evening to end, which it would as soon as they stepped into their house. There was no way they were gonna try to make love today again after what happened with Esther, no matter how much they wanted and needed it.

"I think that next time Hotch gives us days off, we should go out of town together. Just me and you," Emily said, and Morgan turned to look at her in surprise.

"Really? Are you sure you could handle that?"

"Yes, I'm sure... Garcia wouldn't mind watching the girls overnight and I think we really could use some... alone time," Emily said with a wink, letting him know exactly what she meant.

Morgan parked the car next to Garcia's on the driveway and leaned over to capture Emily's lips.

"You are going to be the death of me, woman!" he pulled back and smiled at her. "Or we'll just do it here in the car."

"Derek!" Emily laughed. "I'm not doing it in the car with you like a couple of horny teenagers."

Morgan couldn't help but to join in on her laughter. "Okay, okay... Then let's go in before I decide to rip that dress off your body."

Emily rolled her eyes before opening the car door. Even if she was really tempted to do the same, she didn't want it to go that way. They would get their romantic getaway soon enough.

They took each other's hand when they met at the hood of the car and walked together towards the door. Morgan had the keys ready and unlocked as quietly as he could. Just as quietly, he opened the door and peaked inside. It was quiet which meant that the girls were definitely down for the night. Normally they would find Garcia reading a book or watching TV in the living room, but today she wasn't there.

"I'm gonna go check on the girls," Emily told Morgan and started up the stairs.

Morgan's eyes lingered on Emily's perfect curves and her ass that seemed to sway perfectly in her dress. She was perfect.

He shook his head when she was out of sight and headed towards the kitchen. They could use another glass of wine before going to bed and he was sure that Garcia could use one too. Unless she already was asleep in the guest room. Morgan chuckled at the thought as he turned on the lights in the kitchen.

He was met by the most terrifying sight and his whole body panicked. There on the floor was Garcia's lifeless and bloody body.

He looked over the bloody mess for a second before running the short distance to her and crouched down, taking a firm grip of her shoulders and shaking violently.

"Baby girl?" he almost yelled into her ear in a desperate matter.

No response. He held two strong fingers at her pulse point, but couldn't find what he was looking for. When he put his ear above her nose and mouth, he couldn't feel anything either, but she was still warm so he had to keep hoping she could be saved.

"Penelope, don't you do this to me!" He started pressing his hands on her chest and blowing air into her mouth. "EMILY!" he screamed at the top of his lungs to make sure that she could hear him, and not caring about waking the kids.