Chapter 7

"Ready or not, here I come." Esther's sweet voice called through the house.

It was only Morgan and Esther who was playing while Emily prepared lunch and watched them with glee.

Morgan had always been the best at hide and seek, always finding the best spots to hide whether it was behind a curtain or one of the many closets. Today it was behind a door just to start of a little easier for their daughter.

Esther started searching through the living room, looking behind the couch and anywhere else her dad could be hiding. When she didn't find him anywhere in that room, she proceeded thoroughly through every room until she finally found him in his bedroom. Morgan had decided to scare the girl as soon as she looked behind the door and when the girl didn't jump he had brought her into his arms, lifting her off the ground. Esther broke down into a fit of giggles, the admiration for her dad showing in her eyes. When Morgan put her down the giggles stopped abruptly.

"I smell something cooking, wanna see what mommy has prepared?" Morgan asked and when the little girl nodded he took her hand and together they walked into the kitchen where Emily just finished to pour the rise in a bowl.

Morgan gave Emily a quick peck on her lips and a slap on her butt as he walked around her to take out glasses to put on the table. Emily rolled her eyes at her husband before giving Esther a smile.

"I hope you're hungry after all that playing."

"I am very much hungry." The girl said, taking a seat at the kitchen table where her plate and mug were placed.

Morgan sat down next to her and Emily opposite him.

The first part of their lunch consisted of silence while everyone was putting food on their plates.

The rest of the meal was mostly Morgan and Esther talking since Emily had already had some time to get to know the girl.

When they were finished Morgan asked the girl to go and play in her room so the two adults could talk. They had yet to discuss what had happened to Sergio.

As soon as the girl was on her way upstairs Morgan turned to Emily who let go of the smile she had kept up in the sake of their daughters. Morgan pulled her into his arms within seconds, breathing in the scent of her hair.

"Thank God that you're all okay." Morgan sighed.

"We are. It's just Serge that's..." Emily couldn't say more, tears were already staining Morgan's shirt.

"I'm sorry, I'm a wreck." Emily said as she pulled away and brought her arm up to wipe away the tears.

"You're fine. We will find this guy." Morgan said, not a single doubt in his mind.

"How? There were no signs of... Of anything." Emily sighed.

"If there's anything to find Garcia will find it. She will dig into every last corner until she finds out the truth."

Emily chuckled. "I have no doubt of that."

Esther left the car to walk up the stairs to her new school. She'd had many first day of school so she wasn't nervous. No Mrs. Morgan was enough nervous for all of them. The older woman even started crying and they hadn't known each other for more than two days.

Esther looked calmly ahead when she entered the building and attracted every kid's attention to her. Some dropped their jaws, some whispered what Esther believed was hateful comments about her to each other and some just right out laughed. Those were better since she knew that all of them thought that way so why not go ahead and just show it.

Frankly, she didn't even care about it. She knew that she could snap all of their necks if needed.

Instead of doing that, it was way to early to do anything that bad, she smiled sweetly to the kids standing to the side of the corridor.

What had differed Mrs. Morgan from any of the other moms that had decided to take Esther in was that she hadn't tried to persuade her into buying new, modern clothes. This didn't make the woman any less repulsive though. Her time would come.

That colorful friend of hers on the other hand... The one that wanted to take her shopping and if digging deep enough could expose who Esther really was. Her daddy had said it himself so it had to be true, and what if it was? Esther just couldn't take the risk.

Reaching her locker, she opened it with the code the principal had given her. She stuffed away all books but the one she had to use for her first class. History.

To be honest she didn't see why she had to go to school. She already knew about everything in the text book.

"Hey, new girl!" a voice behind her said and she turned with a small smile gracing her delicate features.

"How may I help you?" She asked, her Russian accent very audible.

The young boy could barely suppress a chuckle. "I was just wondering from... From what century you got your clothes." The boy, along with a crew who'd sent him over, burst into laughter and walked away.

It wasn't anything Esther hadn't heard before, but it didn't make her want to rip that smug look off his face any less. Though, she didn't show it. She never did.

When she reached the classroom it was the same, but she easily got through it. The second period too. And the third.

At lunch she sat by herself which she really didn't care about. She wasn't there to make friends. The only reason she was there was to pass for an eight year old and she did.

She sat alone during the recess too when all the other girls and boys played soccer or played with the jumping rope. In silence she studied these absurd people that one day would have it coming for them. Of that she would make sure.

A smile played on her lips when school was finally done after a few more periods and she saw her daddy alone in the car, waiting for her.

"How was school, baby girl?" He asked as soon as she closed the door behind her.

Esther merely shrugged her shoulders.

"Did you make any friends?" He asked instead.

Esther shook her head. "No, maybe tomorrow."

Morgan smiled at his daughter before starting the drive home. They drove in a comfortable silence. Esther preferred it that way, without anyone asking too many questions. Right now she just enjoyed being next to her dad. Nothing would ever tear the two apart.

No, Esther would make sure to get rid of that blonde bimbo so she wouldn't ruin anything and now with their belief in a stalker... Esther chuckled on the inside... It would be easy to pend all this on someone else. Her last mother had so easily suspected Esther, but with this family she had a feeling she could get away with anything.

She smiled at Derek who returned it. Yes... These people wouldn't see the true Esther until it was too late.