Blood is Thicker Than Water (6)

(Your PoV)

I woke up the next morning extra late but as I was scrambling to get ready for school I remembered that we had the day off so they could count up which heroes requested us. I kind of hoped that my uncle would request me, I hadn't seen him in so long and I had some questions for him. I yawned looking around the apartment for Toshi but found that he had already left. I boiled some chicken and rice as to not put too much effort or time into it. As I waited for the chicken to cook I opened up my laptop and played another American song called Before U Go. I hummed along to it as I danced around the apartment, I tried my best to avoid my self destructive thoughts, "I got third place, Bakugo and Todoroki are just in another league. Im up there! Im with he big boys!" I reasoned with myself and it seemed to be working.

When I was done cooking I mixed the rice and chicken together and added some spices and seasoning and as a final touch crushed seaweed. It was my dads specialty, anything else tasted bland. I packed some of it away in a bag and decided to go out shopping. As I walked I realized how famous I had become, people asked me to sign their shirts and some people took selfies with me. I had managed to snag a few sales at the supermarket and with the gift money from Toshi, I got some really good melons. By the end of the trip I was struggling to carry some of the food when I felt a hand on my shoulder, "I will help you!" I heard a very loud and demanding voice that seemed familiar.

"Thank you-?!" I nearly dropped my bags seeing Tetsutetsu. His own eyes widened as he gave a sharp toothed smile, "Your that girl that lost to Katsuki!" He said taking a couple of the bags off my hands. I nodded my head, "I never expected to see you here. Do you just go around helping random people?" I questioned and he shook his head no, "You just seemed to be especially struggling." He walked in pace with me and began to laugh randomly, "Funny isn't it? You, the girl who got third place struggling and has to get help from someone who placed lower then her?" I smiled and chuckled a bit.

"Even heros need saving sometimes. Ugh! If only they didn't have that stupid quirk law I would be able to carry this around easily!" I groaned. When we made it to the school he looked puzzled, "Whats up?" I questioned him. He pointed to the school, "Todays our day off, what are we doing here?" He questioned. I felt myself internally panic and tried to come up with lies but me being the honest person I am I could only tell the truth in defeat, "I live here..." I held my head down in shame.

He looked like he had more questions but decided against asking them as we stepped through the gates. When we made it to the dorm I took the bags off his hands, "Well thank you for your help!" I said with a smile. He smiled back, "No problem!" He turned away and left leaving me alone to open the door. Once I got inside I knew Toshi was still not back from his working. 

I started to cook up some beef and noodle stir fry and a melon cake with some sweet cream. I played piano music sense I was in a bit of a classy mood for once. I changed into some simple shorts but I caught a view of my burnt leg, a part of me wanted to blame him but I couldn't bring myself to. As I waited for the food to cook I ran my finger over the scar. Toshi walked in and witnessed my actions, "Hey (name)..." He looked to be pondering something to say.

I smiled and stood up, "Its fine, scars fade with time, maybe I should have him sign it, my leg could become valuable in the future!" I laughed. Toshi chuckled a bit and took a whiff of what I was cooking. I smiled, "The stir fry is done, I'm just waiting for the cake. I finished the cream so dont take it from the bowl!" He smiled, "Happy to see you're back." he said taking up a plate.

"Oh wait! I have a favor to ask you." I spoke softly. He raised his eye brow as I handed him a yellow envelope, "I have been working on this for a while. I know it is not usual for someone to change their hero suit but seeing as mine is destroyed I wanted to change the design." I said softly. I had been working on this since the simulation, I put a lot of thought into it and based it off my mothers hero suit. He smiled and took the envelope, "Im happy you decided to change your costume, that other one wasn't exactly the best." He stuffed some of the food into his mouth.