tyler's birthday

"joshhh, put me downnnn!" tyler giggled as his boyfriend held him in his arms, kissing all over his face.

"nooooo, the birthday boy doesn't deserve to have his feet touch the gross ground! i'm carrying him everywhere," josh giggled.

"but i wanna stand so i can kiss youuuu!"

"ohhh, ok. fine," josh giggled, setting tyler down and pulling him in by the strings of his hoodie to kiss his lips softly. "now smile for the camera," he grinned, pulling out his phone and opening snapchat.

 "now smile for the camera," he grinned, pulling out his phone and opening snapchat

"i'm not cuteeee," tyler pouted.

"yes you areeee," josh said. "and sweet, and funny, and smart, and easily distracted in the cutest way possible."

"shaddup and let's go make out."

josh giggled but shook his head. "noooo, baby. i've got exciting plans!"

"such as...?"

"well, since you're turning 24, i have 24 gifts for you," josh grinned. "so you can open one every hour."

"don't remind me of how old i am," tyler pouted, crossing his arms like a toddler.

"baby, i turned 24 like six months ago..."

"yeah, but you're a hot 24 year old."

"so are youuuuu," josh said, poking tylers belly.

***

twenty-three gifts later, and tyler was waiting for his last one. joshua had gone to get it from upstairs, but he had been gone for almost twenty minutes.

tyler decided to go and make sure josh was ok. when he reached the stairs, there was a trail of rose petals leading up.

he followed, and they trailed to the empty room they had in their apartment. he opened the door, finding a chair in the middle, a perfect circle of candles around it along with rose petals sprinkled around.

tyler walked up and sat in the chair, completely confused as to what was going on.

he then looked up, seeing his husband walk in with a wide smile.

he stood right in front of tyler, taking both his hands before getting down on one knee.

tyler gasped, his eyes immediately filling with tears. "joshie..."

josh smiled widely, kissing tyler's knuckles and looking into his eyes.

"tyler robert joseph, it's nine years later and you still have my heart. you're my everything. my heart, my soul, absolutely everything. you're the only reason i have any motivation to do anything and to think i have the privilege of calling you mine is still surreal to me. i've been waiting nine years to do this, baby. and i've been planning it for eight. not one day has gone by in these nine years that i'm not madly in love with you. even when we have our arguments. i'm just so... infatuated with you, tyler. i don't understand how one can be so perfect. i wanted to get you a ring that was just as gorgeous as you are, but that simply isn't possible. nothing is as stunning as you, tyler. nothing at all. and i know you don't believe you're beautiful. but one day, i'm going to make you believe you're lovely. so, so lovely. and now i'm starting to cry, a-and i get r-really bad a-at talking w-when i cry, s-so i'll just g-get to the point. i-i love you, t-tyler. i love you m-more than anyone c-could ever love anything. a-and i know y-you love me. a-and i want to spend t-the rest of my life with you, baby. s-so, tyler robert joseph, w-with that being said... w-will you marry me?" josh asked, hope in his eyes as he opened the box from his pocket to reveal a gorgeous silver band.

"all i've ever wanted to do is marry you, joshua," tyler sobbed. "o-of course i will!" he giggled through his tears, sinking to his knees and hugging his now fiancé tightly.

this just became the best birthday ever.