4

Runts POV
My mate comes down the stairs first. He places a hand on my shoulder and i whimper slightly moving away from the contact.

"Please, trust me." he whispers to my body hidden in the darkness of the cell. I hear more footsteps knowing exactly who it would be.

"My little Runt, oh how you've been fun. Now seeing as your life is shit already i've decided to give you a chance at an even worse and more torturous owner." Alpha Koji laughed as though he's insane and looks to the man beside me for reassurance.

"For sure, i'll whip her up everyday just for you buddy! But we really do need to head out to our next stop" My mate says as he walks up to Alpha Koji giving him a pat on the back. They seem like such good friends. The nerve of this man to ask me to trust him.

After he left the first time, I thought there was a chance my mate could help me. I'm so stupid, i actually thought someone could care about me. Have I not learnt better than that?
Now i'll just go to another 'owner' and hopefully find my final peace soon. A stray tear slips down my face, mates seemed so much better than this in all the stories.

I can't even reject him myself because i don't know my name.

"Once a day? Come on you can do better than that!" Koji laughs again and this time Mate joins. I can't help but tremble in fear looking at how strong Mate looks and the damage to come.

"Anyways we should get going, long drive ahead right." Before Mate can even move Koji interrupts him,

"Not so fast, I want to see you go at her, this whip is her favourite and if i have to, i'll teach you how to do it right" My wolf whimpers inside me and I am now noticeably shaking in the corner.

"That doesn't seem neces-"

"You must prove yourself young man and I will wait till you get this right. Let me get the whips, do you prefer long and hard or short and thin? Ahaha who am i kidding long and thin is always the best" Koji exits the room going to get his supplies.

"I-I don't know what to do love, i need you home but i'd kill myself over hurting you, i thought i could make this plan work." Mate stares at me. What the hell is he talking about? They all make excuses and seem so kind at first then they get a taste for my screams and can't stop.

"Now i'll let you go first" Koji is back, i didn't even notice the door open as he hands Mate the whip. Koji smiles as the unknown Alpha approaches me. I whimper like a lost soul and for a second i swear i see tears coming down his face before he strikes.

The whip lands on me, surely leaving a mark but i've had much stronger whippings from very low rank wolves so this confuses me slightly. I don't think he even managed to break my skin. I shake uncontrollably and my wolf is nowhere to be seen, she will not help me.

Koji says something to Mate and walks out the door with the biggest smile on his face. Once he's gone Mate approches me, leaning down to my level he can clearly see the rip in my shirt freshly made by him.

He doesn't say anything and i'm too weak to fight, he picks up my sore and broken body as sparks fly. He leaves a long kiss on my forehead, i try to pull back but have no energy to fight. Strangely again, I can see his own tears  as he brings me outside.

Outside??

I haven't been outside in years. If i had the strength i'd tear out of his arms and run freely for miles. Sadly i do pretty much the opposite... i pass out.

Kenyans POV
"Dude who the fuck is this? What happened to her? Are you crying?" James looks at the small girl in my arms and i growl instinctively. Since i know there are other pack members around i can't tell him she is my mate yet, i'll wait until we're far enough that Alpha Koji can't hear.

"Just a toy, now get in the fucking car and let's go before i rip someone's head off i swear to god" I charge to the first car and sit my beautiful mate on the passengers side while i move to the drivers. James joins in the back, sporting a sad smile on his face.

"I have a feeling she's your mate isn't she? Did she just come back from battle or something? What's up with her face?" .... This man and his endless questions.

I glare through the rear view mirror but don't answer him. It's October and it can get pretty cold around here, i stretch my arm back and grab a spare hoodie from the backseat and lay it like a blanket over her. Surprisingly easily I make my way out of their territory.

"Dude she's tiny," James has now moved to get a better view of her as we speed down the highway. "You're going to break her with one touch" James is laughing now.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" i yell in my alpha tone. My wolf, Oliver is already trying to kill himself over hurting my mate but now we also have our beta thinking we will hurt her again and that's heartbreaking. I throw the car into park and dry heave on the side of the road. I will never forgive myself.

James sits back and we don't speak the rest of the hours and hours home. My wolf calms down slightly but my foot seems to have a mind of its own and it presses harder and harder on the gas. We get home a whole hour and a half faster than we should have.

It's about 6:30 in the evening when we get home. I mind link everyone that i found my mate and to please schedule any visits to my home in advance and that no one talks to her unless she starts the conversation. I don't wait for anyone as I rush to my place with.... why the fuck don't i know her name.

I let out a growl and walk even faster to my private house holding 'mate' in my arms. She moves slightly and seems to be waking up as I set her on the couch in the living room. Her eyes flutter open once and then she's wide awake and standing in front of the couch. The rapid speed of her movements shocks me as she was dead asleep only a few moments ago.

"W-where's my-y room? H-how do I-I get b-back?" She looks around frantically only to refocus on me moments later.

"What do you mean love? You're safe here now, you're at my house" I go to take a step towards her but she backs away quickly.

"Alpha i-is not gonna l-like this. I need to go t-to my r-room" she takes a step away from me and starts to look around again, she's probably thinking of ways to escape. Oliver gets upset at this idea and growls slightly making mate jump.

Looking at her face as she stares at me with confusion and fear i see her sunken in features, bruised eye, red throat and the darkest bags under her eyes. Tears come to my eyes as I imagine the pain she's been through.

"Would you like to sit down? I can do most of the talking, just know you are safe here and everything I said in the presence of Koji was only to get him to let me bring you home. Will you please let me explain" She stares at me and takes a step towards me.

I reach out my hand for her and take a second for her to get used to the gesture and not flinch or shy away. I gently pull her arm, "please, sit on the couch and i'll go get something to eat from the fridge." I hurry to the kitchen hoping to find the leftover pasta in the fridge. I heat some up for her and wonder when the last time she ate was.

Oliver claws at my insides, he needs out NOW. He's been through so much in the last 10 hours or so, our anger cannot keep bottling up like this.

I walk back out of the kitchen to find my mate standing right where i left her, she's shaking violently. In the most innocent, sad and broken voice her cheeks flush as she says, "I d-don't know w-what a couc-ch is."