Chapter 10

Author's Note : This chapter contains realistic dialogue - that of a toddler

Author's Note : This chapter contains realistic dialogue - that of a toddler. They are not typos.

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home." - Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Time passes quickly, yet we make every moment count. Almost four years have passed, and they have been absolutely wonderful. I have so many precious memories that I can replay in my mind anytime such as Nook taking her first bites of baby food which was carrots, her first word, 'Wa', which was her attempt at my name, her first birthday, her coos and cuddles, her babbling and giggles, her first step, her first tooth, and even potty training which brought about some pretty funny moments. Everything went smoothly though and I never missed a second of it.

Nook is getting so big...well, compared to where she started anyway. She weighs 32 pounds now. Her hair has grown much longer and thicker, and due to her curls, is beautifully unruly and unique just like her.

She's extremely intelligent and talks, but has trouble pronouncing certain letters, making her words sound adorably funny. Most of the time she's pretty quiet though, other than a few words or giggling. We are so attune to each other, so in-sync as we've always been that she doesn't have to speak unless she wants to. I always know what she wants or needs and she knows that.

I've debated whether or not I should start communicating with her telepathically, but decide against it for now. I don't want to do anything that would jeopardize or hinder her natural development as a human...as much as possible anyway.

I do touch my forehead to hers sometimes even though it isn't necessary to project images to her that I think she'll enjoy, especially during story time. I do that so that she'll understand where the images are coming from. She knows my voice, so that's not a problem, but the images might be a little harder for her to grasp right now.

So far though, she seems to understand that I am sending them to her from my head to hers, as I've explained it. She always giggles or says wow or pretty, followed by her thanks and love while stroking her little hands on my face. She knows that will trigger my purring which she loves, so she's constantly doing it. Another is when we rub noses or she plays with my feathers. 

I want to get her talking out loud more on her own first without any manipulation or interference from me before I go any further with the telepathy. I love hearing her voice, so I want to hear it more. I also know this will help her speech improve too. 

As I've said, she says some of her words in such a funny, yet cute way. Her thank you is tank you and love you is wuv you. She also calls her favorite snack which is Twinkies, Twinkles. I hate having to correct her because all of her words are very precious to me.