Chapter 7

"The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth

"The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth." - Chinese Proverb

Spending the day with Bronwyn, caring for her every need despite our bleak, meager surroundings at the cabin is heavenly.

For the first time in my existence, I am truly happy...complete. She's happy too...as much as a baby can be anyway. I can sense that she feels my love and our bond already.

I have knowledge of human infants and their needs, but actually caring for one when you're not human is a bit different. I cherish all of it though...even the diapers. Because it's her...only her.   

When dusk arrives, I feed and change Bronwyn once more before we have to leave.

I place what's remaining of her supplies into an old backpack that I found in the one and only closet in this place, making them easier to carry during flight. I don't really need to take them as I can always get more, but I have a lot to accomplish tonight with Bronwyn in my arms, so it's better if I bring them along. 

Once I get her clothed, our next stop will be a bank.

Like everything else in this world, money and material things are easily attained by me and my kind, though we have never had any use for human possessions or wealth.

Providing Bronwyn with all of the human comforts possible here on Earth will not be a problem. 

When I have finished with my tasks tonight, I will choose a city for us to live in and head there.

I wish that Bronwyn was old enough to be able to choose where we go, as I am doing all of this for her. Living here holds no interest for me at all without her.

She'll be able to choose in the future though. I look down at her in my arms and smile at the thought.

Until we arrive in the city where we will live, I will find us acceptable, temporary lodgings. No more dark, cold, dusty cabins that aren't fit for a human to live in.

This makes me think about what happened earlier today. As I sat on the couch cradling Bronwyn, a bark scorpion crawled near my foot with its stinger poised to strike. Instinctually though, it sensed that I was not something to be messed with, like all inferior things and beings do when I am near, and began its retreat.

However, just the thought of something like that being able to harm my love, even though it's so small was unacceptable to me.

I cast my gaze upon it and instantly it met its end. All that's left is a small spot of what looks like dried jelly on the floor.

Back to where I was...I know that in order to buy a home, car, or any other big ticket items, even if you pay in cash, you have to have identification, hence the reason for temporary lodgings.

However, having money a lot of money tends to make things happen quickly and privately for humans. If that doesn't work, I can always pay a visit to whoever I need to and influence things.

With my itinerary in mind, I place my protection around Bronwyn and leave the cabin.

I fly to the nearest large city, which happens to be Tucson, and quickly find the mall. I chose a mall because it has everything I need for her all in one place.

The place was closed, and I quickly make my selections which include some outfits, socks, shoes, pajamas, hat, coat, and a diaper bag. I also pick out a couple of small toys such as a rattle, a small stuffed butterfly, and a pacifier.

I keep one of the outfits, a pair of socks, the shoes, hat, and the coat separate, as I am going to dress her in them. I keep the pacifier out as well. I put the rest of it into the new diaper bag, along with her other things from the backpack. I will need the backpack to carry the money that I plan on taking from the bank.  

I dress her and then put my cloak back on. It smells wonderful, just like her, which makes me happy.

There are several banks in this city, but I choose the one nearest the mall and land atop of it. I materialize inside the vault with Bronwyn tucked in my arm, sleeping soundly while adorably sucking on her new pacifier.

I quickly gather fifty thousand dollars, placing it into the backpack. This will be just the beginning of our money.

I don't take more than that tonight though because there isn't any room left in the backpack. I can take more as needed from any bank or any place, anytime, anywhere.

With the backpack filled with money, we take flight again, heading towards the place that will be our home for the next several years. Having money will afford us the privacy that we require.

Wherever we go, it doesn't matter, as long as we're together.