The flying "Date"

I woke up at next morning slightly nervous because I was going with Poe.

Getting up, I got dressed into my X-Wing suit, it was orange like the other pilot suits but I modified it slightly to it was tighter, the lose material got on my nervous and got in the way.

A knock on my door came a second later, I walked over to open it and saw Poe stood their wearing the same as me.
His eyes traveled up and down my body.
"You know you are the only person to ever make this suit look good," he said winking.

Blushing I grabbed my helmet and closed my door behind me.
"Please tell me we are getting breakfast before we go I'm staving," I whined.
"Sure," he nodded and we began to walk towards the canteen.

We walked in silence towards the canteen where the rumble of voices started to get louder.

Stares followed us as we entered, I got a few jealous glares from the other females and a few guys were giving Poe a knowing look.

"Nice one Poe," a soldier smirked looking me up and down.

To my surprise Poe stopped and said "She is your General, would you mind showing her some respect."

The guy sheepishly nodded and stared at his plate of food.

"You know I wasn't expecting you to say that," I said shocked as we sat down at an empty table and grabbed some food.

"Women shouldn't be treated like they are objects or shiny toys," Poe said without hesitation.
"I agree, but you like our game right?" I flirted slightly.
"It's not a game. It's more a challenge," he replied taking a sip of tea.
"So you will admit there is something then," I said eyebrows raised.

He looked up at me and rolled his eyes causing me to laugh.

"Yes, there is something a challenge which I am going to win, especially after you see my amazing flying talent," he boasted running his fingers through his hair. I had to admit it was hella attractive, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"Whatever you haven't seen my fly either so it's 50:50," I retorted. Starting to eat.

"You done eating?" He asked when I had finished, I nodded and got up.

"So what exactly are we going to do?" I asked as we entered the indoor hanger.

"Explore, have some fun, we could go to a nearby planted and have a look around," he replied as we walked towards his black, orange X-Wing and my new, clean one next to it.

"Your radios are already connected and I made sure your both topped up on fuel," Connor the mechanic said making me jump slightly, I hadn't even noticed him stood there.
"Thank you Connor" Poe said climbing up his ladder.

I did the same, putting on my helmet as I sat down.

I gazed over the controls, the buttons, the guns. I lightly brushed my fingers over the dash board wide eyed.
"She's impressive isn't she," Poe said through the radio in my helmet.
"Hell yes," I replied snapping out of my daze and pressing some buttons.

Mine and Poe's X-Wings both roared into life with a satisfying sound.
"I love that noise," Poe said excitedly.
"You get way too excited when you fly," I said smiling to Poe.

"That's not always a bad thing," he replied suggestively.

Even though I couldn't see his face I knew he was smirking.

"And admit to me your not excited?" He demanded.
"Can't deny I'm not," I laughed as we sped out of the hanger and out into the D-Quar sky.

We both raced as fast as we could, doing flip and spirals as we rocketed towards the stars. I felt free, this was the most fun I had, had flying in a long time.

After as while of messing around Poe said "I'll let you decide what we do."

After a moment of thinking I remembered something I used to play with Han when I was a child.

"Let's play a game," I replied childishly.
"A game?" Poe said chuckling.
"Yes a game. It's called target practice, it was how Han taught me to aim, he would fly the falcon into an asteroid field and let me shoot them with the cannons."

"That's actually does sound fun," Poe admitted.
"Exactly, follow me," I said changing direction quickly and flying in the other
direction.

"Slow down!" He called.
"Your too slow," I laughed, even though I did slow down.

"This is the biggest asteroid field I have ever seen," I could hear the shock in Poe's voice, "How do you remember where this is?"
"After Han crashing us into here about 100 times you remember. It also gets rid of people if we were being followed, no one was crazy enough to follow us," I explained, and we both laughed.

"I'll go first," Poe said reving up his engines and speeding into the mass of asteroids.

He made it look very easy zooming in and out, shooting and effortlessly dodging the flying chunks of rock.

"Your turn," he said stopping next to me when he was finished. I smirked before zooming off.

Poe's POV

I was pretty shocked watching Sofia fly in and out, shooting and effortlessly dodging the flying chunks of rock. I was very impressed, I had heard many people talk about how good at flying she was but I didn't know she was this good, obviously I wouldn't tell her how impressed I was.

3rd POV

After hours of Sofia and Poe flying around, a red light appeared on both their dashboards telling both of them they were low on fuel.

"That sucks we were having fun," Sofia commented sadly.
"Yeah I know," Poe added "But I'm sure we can come back another day."
"Yeah," Sofia agreed as they both stared to make their was back to base.

When they landed they both pulled off their helmets leaving both of them in the cockpits and ruffled their sweaty hair.

Sofia looked at Poe's hair all ruffled and a little bit stuck to his head, 'He's so hot' she thought.

Poe on the other hand looked at Sofia's messy and sweaty hair and thought the exact same thing.

"Well thank you Poe I had a fun time," Sofia said as they made their was back to their rooms.

"Thank you for coming I really enjoyed it too, let's do it again sometime." He replied, and she nodded.

As they approached Sofia's room she opened the door and stood in the doorway leaning on the frame.
"Thank you again Poe,"
"It's no problem," he smiled.
"I guess I'll see you at dinner later?" Sofia asked trying to sound like she wasn't hoping he would say yes.

"Of course," Poe replied trying to hide his excitement.
"See ya,"
"Bye."

She shut her door as he walked away and smiled to herself. Their "date" had gone very well and Sofia was secretly hoping there would be more in the future.

Hope you enjoyed you know what to do if you did❤️