With a simple nod, Lucifer confirmed what Benjamin had said. "Yes, with the detective's help, Lux has been declared a heritage site. It's quite lovely — to be honest, I'm not used to people being so... good to me. Without wanting anything in return. It's strange", he laughed, and although Benjamin chuckled as well, he couldn't help but feel bad for Lucifer. He deserved so much better than what he got.

"Well, you deserve it. Even if you are the Devil... I do think you're a good man, Lucifer. And, uh, truthfully, you've gotten under my skin. I'm used to just quick flings and then moving on, but for some reason, I can't move on from you. I know we're just friends, but even if we weren't, I'm pretty sure I'd just come back to you", Benji huffed softly while his gaze dropped from Lucifer to the glass in his hand, his finger tapping against it nervously, causing the alcohol to move in waves inside it.

It became silent in the penthouse, and for a moment, Benjamin was already regretting speaking up — obviously, it wasn't something he was good at. Like he had said, he didn't do feelings, relationships, attachments. He had never even actually dated someone, so to confess his feelings, even if it was in a cryptic, disputable manner, was unfamiliar and scary. And when Lucifer said nothing, he was certain that he had screwed up.

But then he looked back up at Lucifer, only to find the man's dark eyes looking intently into his, something about them so soft and fond, it was messing with Ben's heart. And before he could say anything, take back his words, apologize for ruining the moment, Lucifer had done what he did best — made a move, taken matters into his own hands, and with that in his mind, he had lowered the glass in his hand and leaned over the coffee table separating him from Benjamin, to grab him by the face and finally push their lips together.

And although Benji was startled by this at first, he eventually understood that he had said something right, and things were going in the direction he had been secretly hoping for. Thankful for whatever had helped him go in the right way, Benjamin put his glass down onto the table only for Lucifer to knock it down as he climbed over and joined Benji on the other couch, his hands already quickly ripping open his flannel, causing buttons to fly all over the living room. Benjamin responded in similar manner and yanked Lucifer's jacket over his shoulders, only to work on the vest next, and at the feeling of his hands all over his chest, Lucifer ended up breaking the kiss with a warm chuckle, his breath heating up Ben's lips as he rested their foreheads together.

"I must admit that I've been waiting for this moment for quite the while", he whispered, and without another word, Benjamin connected their lips yet again. As they continued to kiss, Lucifer stood up from the couch and pulled Benji with him without ever disconnecting their lips, and blindly, they proceeded to stumble towards the bedroom. It took a few stubbed toes and multiple unexpected lip bites, but eventually, they found the right direction and in no time, Benjamin's back came in touch with the bouncy mattress.

And merely a second later, the Devil landed right on top of him, and excluding a few rushes of confidence and dominance from Benjamin, that was how the rest of the night went.

——————

THE NEXT MORNING, Benjamin woke up with a radiant, wide smile on his lips before he could even open his eyes, but he didn't need to do that to remember whose bed he was in. The warm duvet over his toned body and the soft pillow were far too comfortable to be Dan's, but the biggest giveaway was the muscular arm tightly around Benji's waist. The more he thought about the moment he found himself in, never wanting it to end, the more his smile widened, the quicker his heart ran. Obviously it wasn't his first morning after a heated night, but something was different this time — perhaps because he had slept with the Devil himself, and loved it. But, on top of that, just like Benjamin had admitted the previous night, he couldn't move on from Lucifer, and he didn't want to. Maybe this didn't need to be their first and final time together.