16 - Soccer lady

I sighed as I stepped out of the hotel. Glad that for a change people didn't recognize me.

After I left, I went to my dad. He helped me change my name and dye my hair.

I was now Ruby Wilson and I changed my hair color to Red. Its crazy how a new hair color could make you unrecognizable.

 Its crazy how a new hair color could make you unrecognizable

After that I left the states. I needed some time somewhere far away from home so I went to Germany, Dortmund to be exact.

I had to say that Germany was growing on me, the people were pretty nice, the food is surprisingly good and they have Rammstein.

I came to find out that soccer is a big thing in Germany as well so today I decided to watch a game. Who knows, maybe I would like it.

I've been here for a couple of weeks so far so it would be good to experience some of the German culture. I went to the stadium where the game of Borussia Dortmund against Bayern München would be held.

Once there I went to my seat which was luckily right next to the isle so I didn't have to walk very far. I have to say I was quite enjoying the game once I got into it.

Borussia Dortmund which I learned was BVB for short was seeming to win as it was 2 - 0 in the middle of the second half.

It wasn't long before the end of the game when I suddenly felt like I was getting sick so I decided to get up and go back to the hotel to get some rest.

-

I don't know why, I guess it's because I felt fuzzy in my head but I got lost in the stadium.

"Just fucking great." I muttered to myself while leaning against a wall.

"Entschuldigung, ist alles in Ordnung?" A female voice startled me. I looked up to see a woman that seemed about my age looking at me with concern.

"I'm sorry, I don't speak German."

"I asked if you were alright, you seem a bit pale and public isn't allowed to come here." The woman switched to English right away.

"I'm sorry, I don't feel well and got lost."

"It's okay, I'm Ann-Kathrin." She introduced herself.

"Ruby." I smiled at her before feeling nauseous again.

"Can I call someone for you?" She asked me worriedly.

"Not really, I came to Germany on my own."

"Then come with me, I won't feel good knowing I leave you all by yourself when you're not feeling well."

"It's okay, I'll be fine..." was the last thing I remember saying before passing out.

-

I woke up hearing a beeping sound, already making me aware that I was in a hospital.

"Look she's waking up." I heard the voice of Ann-Katrin again.

I opened my eyes to see her, a guy that was wearing a soccer outfit, and a doctor.

"Good to see you awake miss...?" The doctor spoke up.

"Wilson." I filled in for him. "What happened?"

"You passed out from severe stress, or at least an aftershock of severe stress. That in combination with your pregnancy is what caused you to feel so sick."

"Pregnancy?" I asked confused... I couldn't be, right?

"Yes, it's still in a relatively early stage. Hard to say how many weeks, I guess somewhere around 3 to 5 weeks."

Great that means it could either be Jon's or Joe's kid....

"But according to your reaction I guess you didn't expect it?" The doctor asked me.

"No not at all, it just complicates things..."

"Well, I suggest you stay here for another day so we can monitor you out of caution."

I nodded with a sigh. "I need my phone..."

"Here." Ann-Kathrine handed it to me.

"How did you get my phone?" I asked confused.

"I got it out of your pocket while Mario carried you to the car and we brought you here, just so it wouldn't fall or get damaged."

"Thanks" I nodded and called my dad.

"Gilbert." The sound of my father's voice made me smile.

"Hey dad."

"Princess, how are you? I was so worried when I didn't hear from you all week."

"I'm alright dad but I'm in the hospital."

"Why are you in a hospital?"

"Well turns out I passed out from stress and... I'm maybe sort of pregnant." I told him hesitantly.

"Any idea who?" Yep, I told my father about that too.

"Not a clue... dad I can't come back pregnant... It would hurt him too much if it doesn't turn out to be his..."

"I know princess, I get it. I don't like it but it's your decision."

"I'll call as much as I can... but don't tell anyone where I went."

"You know you're hurting everyone right?" He asked me with a sigh.

"Yeah... but I can't face them, they'll be so mad and disappointed."

"Do as you please, but don't be mad once I say I told you so."

"Alright, I got to go." I said before ending the call.

"What was that all about?" Ann-Kathrine asked me.

"It's a long story..."

"We have all day." The guy, I guess Mario, spoke up.

"Well, A few weeks ago I had an argument with my boyfriend, he wouldn't be there for my birthday and I felt really bad about it. I got drunk of my ass and woke up the next morning in bed with another guy... The baby could be from either of them, I honestly don't know. Point is, if it's from the other guy...

"Oh yeah, that's kind of a messed-up situation you're in."

"Yeah, I can't go back to the states... I can't go through all that."

"Stay with us then, at least till you get settled." Ann-Katherine suggested.

"I couldn't..."

"Come on Mario and I don't mind."

"I already owe you guys for getting me to a hospital." I argued.

"You can't live in that hotel forever." I guess she had a point there.

"Why are you helping a stranger?" I asked them.

"I'd want people to help me if I'd be in your position." Ann-Katherine shrugged. "I'm someone who believes I should treat others the way I want to be treated. And besides, it sounds like you could use some friends."

"Well then, I'm Ruby Wilson." I introduced myself to Mario.

"Mario Götze." Mario smiled back at me.

"Hmm, I heard that name before." I thought out loud.

"Of course, you did, you watched the game. Mario is one of the soccer players on Borussia Dortmund." Ann-Katrin smiles proudly.

"That's pretty awesome."

"Think you can handle being friends with someone famous?" Mario asked in a joking manner.

"Yeah, I think I'm fine."

Well, this was definitely going to be interesting.