8 - Fear of hights

Instead of taking me out in the evening like most guys would do on a first date, Dean wanted to take me out in the afternoon.

I decided to dress casual but still nice. I decided not to go all black like usual but there was still a lot of black in my clothes. My hair was the only thing that would draw attention.

Okay so maybe I was dressing a little bit nicer since I wanted to impress Dean but I would never admit that out loud

There was a knock on my door at 3 p.m. sharp. I opened it to reveal Dean, who looked like he made an effort himself. Not that he needed to since I thought he was pretty good looking.

"You look good." Dean complimented.

"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself."

"Ready to go?"

I nodded and stepped outside of my hotel room and locking the door after making sure I got everything.

Dean took me to his car and opened the car door for me. I smiled and sat down inside the car. Dean walked over to the drivers side and got in as well.

"Can I ask you something before we go?"

"Sure Ohio." I nodded with a smile.

"Can you put this blindfold on?"

I looked a bit hesitant at Dean, not sure if I should do that.

"Don't worry I just want to surprise you."

I sighed and nodded as I took the blindfold from Dean "Alright then."

"Oh and these headphones, I put some music on the music player so you also wont be able to hear where we are going."

"You put music on it?" I asked, knowing he wasn't exactly 'tech savvy'.

"Not really I've let Xavier do it for me." I nodded and put the headphones and pressed play before putting the blindfold on.

After about 10 minutes Dean stopped the car. Soon I felt him touch my arm to help me get out of the car. I got out with his help and felt him squeeze my arm a few seconds later.

I had asked him to do that when I could take the blindfold off during the car ride.

I took my blindfold and headphones off and smiled as I realized where he took me.... A fair.

"I haven't been to one of these in years

"I haven't been to one of these in years." I said with a smile.

"You like it?" Dean asked me.

"Yeah, I always loved to go to these things with Jeff and Matt. They always competed about who would win me the biggest prize." I smiled at the memory.

"Well then, lets go." Dean smiles with his dimples showing. I nodded and Dean and I started walking.

"So what do you want to do first?" Dean asked me.

"How about one of those old school test your strength games?"

"You mean that game where you slam a hammer on a plate in order to hit a bell?"

"Yes, I mean that one." I chuckled at his question.

Dean nodded and we walked over to that game. Dean tried first, but he didn't ring the bell.

"Watch and learn..." I told Dean as I tried. I did hit the bell and smirked.

"How did you do that?" Dean asked.

"Well, this game is about accuracy, not strength. If you hit the pad in the exact middle you'll ring the bell, if you don't hit it in the middle you wont ring the bell no matter how strong you are." I explained to him so no one else could hear.

"I thought you hadn't been to a fair in years?"

"Yeah that's true but that doesn't mean I didn't go a lot."

Dean and I tried some more games and he even won me a huge teddy bear. Currently we were getting cotton candy.

"Having fun?" Dean asked me.

"Yeah I do, I love fairs"

Dean smiled a bit relieved as he put some cotton candy in his mouth.

"So, anything you want to do?" I asked him.

"Well.... can we go onto the Ferris wheel? I want to see the city from up there."

I immediately regretted asking him what he wanted to do as I had a fear of heights but I didn't want him to know I was scared so I just nodded.

Dean took me to the line for the Ferris wheel.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit pale." He pointed out as we were waiting.

"Yeah I'm fine." I lied probably convincingly since he didn't continue questioning me.

Soon Dean had bought us tickets and we were going inside one of the cabins. I sat down and tried not to show my fear.

Dean took my hand in his "Don't be scared, I'm with you."

Apparently I wasn't so good at hiding it after all. I nodded and calmed down a bit. At least that was until the Ferris wheel suddenly stopped with out cabin on the highest point and a voice through the speaker said "There are some technical difficulties, we are trying to fix them as soon as possible but please stay calm."

Now I regretted going on this Ferris wheel even more. Dean squeezed my hand as I was about to have a panic attack. It didn't help much so Dean tried calming me in every way he could think off.

I was too stressed to notice anything until... he kissed me.

As soon as soon as his lips touched mine I stopped panicking and as cheesy as it may sound, I felt sparks within the kiss. Soon enough I kissed him back. Dean kept the kiss tender and sweet and smiled as he pulled away after a few more minutes. Suddenly I realized the cabin was moving again.

"You worry too much sweetheart." I blushed at the nickname.

Dean took me out of the cabin once we reached the ground. "Why didn't you tell me you were scared?"

"I didn't want you to think any less of me." I admitted softly.

"I'd never do that Nika, You're perfect the way you are."

"You think I'm perfect?" I asked blushing. It made me feel like I was one of those love crazy school girls.

Dean just nodded.

I smiled as we made our way back to his rental car, he didn't once let go of my hand and honestly I didn't want him to let go either.

Dean opened the car door for me again and almost too soon we got back to the hotel. Dean walked me to my room and also this time he held my hand.

"Can I ask you something?" Dean asked as I was about to go inside.

I turned back to him and nodded "Of course."

"Nika look, I really like you and I'd like to know if you.. well if you want maybe you could..." I cut him off by kissing him shortly.

"You talk too much.... and yes, I'd like to be your girlfriend." I answered his half unasked question.

"Really?"

I just nodded with a small smile and kissed his cheek "Thanks, I had fun today."

"Yeah... no problem." Dean said still a bit stunned, which I thought was very cute.

"Goodnight Dean." I smiled softly before going into my room and closing the door.