Chapter 31

*Lyla's P.O.V.*

I can hear soft beeps.

Soft voices whispering.

"You can fix it right?" A familiar hoarse voice says.

"I'm very sorry. This is something...that's very permanent. She hit a nerve on the back of her head that controls her eyesight."

A women's voice.

My eyeballs roll under my eyelids, and i can hear soft whimpering.

My head hurts.

"Uhhmph." I try to move my arm, but something sharp stings it.

"She's awake." The women's voice says.

"Lyla." The other voice sounds oddly familiar, but it's gritty and hoarse.

I'm exhausted, but i open my eyes.

Blurry.

Everything's blurry, i can't see a thing. Only bright light, but that's it. I try again, closing my eyes and rolling my eyeballs around inside them. I open them again, and blink.

Light streams into my eyes, blocked by a dark gloomy shadow over me. All i can see is lights and shadowy figures.

"Hello?" I croak, my voice sounding nothing like me.

I cough, sitting up. Right away, my head spins and a wave of nausea hits me.

I look ahead, but i can't see anything.

I can't see anything.

Everything comes flooding back -- the crash, the sudden crack at the back of my neck, the sudden blurriness in my vision. The metallic smell of blood, and Patrick's voice.

Patrick!

"Patrick?" I try my voice again, but i end up coughing.

Someone holds a glass to my lips, and i drink thirsty.

"Lyla, it's me." The weight on my bed gets heavier, and i picture him sitting down on my bed.

"Where?" I reach out blindly, my desperate voice sounding weak.

"Where, where?!" I start to panic, breathing faster and faster.

"Lyla, please don't make this harder than it is. Im right here." Strong hands press down my shaking shoulders, the warmth in them conforting me.

I press my hands against his arms, and immediately recognize his body.

"Patrick, it's you! Patrick, please tell me what's wrong with me, I -- I can't see you. I can't see you. I can't see anything. My head hurts. I cant see you. Why? Why? Can't see..." I keep repeating this, and i don't know why.

Why can't i see him?! My head hurts so much, i start crying from the pain.

"Mr. Kane, leave." The women's voice was commanding, and the heavy weight on the bed was lifted off, as the dark shadow moved away.

I reach out blindly, sitting up. "Please don't leave me!" I shout desperately, blinking my eyes again.

The sound of a door clicking shut.

"Why did you make him leave?" I try to sound angry, but my voice comes out sounding like a little kid.

"Ms. Wes, i want you to calm down. Relax your shoulders, open your palms." The soothing women's voice took over, and i loosened up my body. I didn't even realize i was clenching my fists.

"That's it, there you go. Feeling better?" I can almost see her smiling.

I nod, but my head still spins. My vision doesn't return to me, just that streaming yellow light. I blink my eyes, trying to see the person talking to me. I open my eyes, this time black dots surface. I gasp, shocked from the sudden change.

Everything goes black.

"Oh my god." I frantically wave my hand in front of my eyes, but it's no use -- all i see is black.

"What's wrong with me?" I whisper.

"I want you to just rest, nothing else. We'll talk soon, Lyla." Her voice fades, and something pinches my arm. My eyes start to droop, and i feel heavier and heavier.

A/N: Cliff hanger resolved. I might not be uploading as often, i just didn't want to leave you amazing people with a cliff hanger!  Oh man, this is getting sad for me to write...