Chapter 5

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

Was it something i said? Something i did?

Touching her hands is no big deal. I can think of a thousand other girls who would want Patrick Kane touching their wrists.

I just wanted to ask her if she wanted to do something with me tomorrow.

She ran away.

Am i really that creepy?

I walk into the room, her book in my hand.

"Why do you still have that?" Corey stumbled towards me, slapping his hand down on my shoulder.

"Woah, aren't you drunk?" I grab his shoulders, steadying him.

"You like that girl?" Corey slurs.

"Maybe." I answer. I can't tell, this early on. Plus, she doesn't seem to like me anyways.

"Too bad, Patty. I'm getting her in my bed TONIGHT." He hiccuped, swaying slightly.

Anger flared towards him.

"No." I place my hand on his chest, pushing him back.

"What's wrong? You protecting her? She's not YOURS, back off." Corey takes another swig of beer.

"You need to stop drinking." I take the beer from his hand, and put it on the table.

"You're no fun tonight." Corey frowned.

"Just leave her alone, Crow." There was a hint of annoyance in my voice, and Corey heard it.

"Jesus, Pat, just mind your own business." Corey surrendered, stumbling back to his seat.

My cheeks felt hot, as if i was ready to fight with him.

What's gotten into me? I'd usually help Crow get a girl.

I shook my head, confused.

I put in my earphones, and listened to music, while reading the poems.

**

Poem 2: Summer

Her eyes, the colour of the sky,

Her laugh, sending butterflies to fly.

Her smile, the sunshine,

Her tears, the raindrops.

Her lips, the soft clouds above,

Her hair, the green grass below.

**

Woah. I notice in black pen, Lyla wrote something in the margins.

'The use of metaphors brings the reader to be able to picture, and feel what the writer is thinking. Good imagery.'

Her writing looped at the 'G's, and i found myself smiling. Daniel sure wasn't kidding when he said literary doctor.

"Pat?" Jonathan carried a very drunk Corey over. "Can you help me get this beauty in a car?"

I laughed. Nothing about Corey screamed beauty to me right now.

"Sure." I winked. I'll drive him home. It's easier than calling a cab, and i didn't drink tonight.

I didn't drink tonight.

I give myself a mental clap. Good job, Patty.

"Let's get you going." I pull Corey outside to my car, as he begins to mumble.

"Girls, girls! Where are youuuu?" Corey sang into the night.

"Shhh, Crow. We're going home." I tell him.

"With girls?" Corey asked confused.

"No. Back to your apartment, okay?"

"Hmph." Corey slumped into the back seat.

I drove him home, and dropped him off sending him straight to bed. His eyes closed, a second before he even touched his pillow.

I drove home, and park the car in the garage. My phone rings, and I look down at the shotgun seat where i put my phone. Shit. I still have Lyla's book.

"Hello?" I answer.

I heard soft breathing on the other end, but i knew it was her.

"Hello?" I tried again.

"Um, hi." Lyla's voice sounded uncertain.

"Hey." I smiled.

"The party's over. Do you still have my book?" She asked.

"Yeah. One problem. I'm already at home...." i trailed off guiltily.

"Oh. It's okay, I'll just come get it now." Lyla says quickly.

"Are you sure?" I ask, "Because we can just meet up other time..."

"No. I'm sure." She cut me off.

There's so much I'm dying to know about this girl. Why does she seem so different?

"Okay."

I told her my address, and said we would meet at the lobby.

A/N: This chapter is a set up for the next.... stay tuned! don't forget to vote (: i love y'all