Chapter 1

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

I'm passed out drunk on my bed, and i have an interview tomorrow morning with a radio station. Shit.

"Patrick?" Alex's voice travelled through the hall.

"Al?" I mumble.

"Yes. Can i come in?" She asks.

Alex just got engaged with Jonathan, and is staying in Chicago for the summer.

"Yeah." I manage to say.

The door opens, and Alex walks in, shaking her head.

"I warned you not to get drunk." She scolded.

"Alex, I'm not a child." I say annoyed, "just leave me here."

"Pat, what's wrong?" She kneels next to my bed, laying her hand on my forehead. She winced at the temperature.

"Everybody's in love." I slur out the truth.

"Why is that such a bad thing?" She smiles at the thought of love.

"I'm not." Was my blunt answer.

She sighs. "Patrick, you cannot force love. It's a feeling. You'll know when you feel it, and when the time comes, you'll find it. I know you've been sleeping with girls you don't even know. Please, Pat, don't. It'll make you feel good then, but i know that you regret it afterwards, am i right?" Alex pulls the blanket up to my neck.

"I want to love." Was all i say. "Like those songs you showed me. I want to feel the happiness of love, the pain of love."

"And so you will. Very soon, Pat, i know it." Alex gets up and turns towards the door.

"I have to punish you for getting drunk and fucking every girl in sight." Alex says, her voice hardening.

I know Alex is disappointed. The truth is, I am too. Im disappointed in myself. When did i turn into such a dick?

"What?" I ask her.

"If you ever come back drunk....... I'm not driving you places because you're hungover. I've had enough. You are going to take the bus, you hear me?" Alex can't help but give off a twitch of a smile.

"Public transit isn't that big of a deal." I mumble.

"We'll see about that. Because guess who's taking the bus to the interview tomorrow morning? You." Alex pokes my shoulder. "Goodnight, Pat."

"Gnight." I slur.

The next morning, i wake up with a pounding headache. Drunk nights never turn out well.

"Goodmorning!" Jonny slaps my back as i stumble into the kitchen.

"Uhhh." I groan, "Interviews at 7:00AM and you're smiling?" I pour a glass of milk.

"I'm just happy Alex said yes." Jonathan grins, ear to ear.

Here we go again. The topic of love. It never seems to leave, does it?

"Let's go." I grab my bag, heading towards the door.

"Hey Pat?" Jonathan smiles apologetically. "You're supposed to be taking the bus."

I groan, sticking my tongue out.

"Alex." I mumble under my breath.

Jonathan and Alex got into the car, and I got onto the bus. At least i didn't have to wait, i thought.

Bus rides are boring. I take out my iPhone, and put my earphones in. Alex's music has really helped me ever since my grandfather has died. I find myself constantly listening to music, before games, after games, and even when I'm working out.