Chapter 2

So, I'm bored and I thought why not continue this story even though it's cringy or the worst thing ever. Still, I hope you enjoy this installment of Only Time Will Tell.

Once Again I do not own these characters they belong to Daron Nefcy and I do not own the picture. As always, enjoy.

Star's P.O.V

Star Butterfly, at the early age of 24 had everything that her heart desired. Loving parents, a beautiful place to live, people that loved and adorned her, and most importantly, a best friend that loved her. Even though she felt like it was unfair to rule a kingdom she didn't want, she never complained. She thought she was blessed enough to have everything some people wished they had. With that, Star Butterfly did her royal duties as expected.

Unlike her mother, Star still maintained her optimistic, cheerful personality. Instead of looking to the bad, she looked forward for the good such as getting married, and having children of her own. Although, she wanted to be married to the only man she ever loved. Her parents, well mostly her mother, confronted her about her relationship with Marco, about how treasonous, how dangerous it was to marry one without Mewman Blood. Her Father was more understanding, more open to her marrying Marco rather than someone she didn't love. Honestly, he loved Marco like a son he didn't have.

It wasn't until 2 weeks before Star's 25th birthday that Star realized a terrible fate that met her. According to Mewman Tradition, if the princess did not find a suitor before her 25th birthday, a ball would be held for all the kingdom and the Princess should be wed to one of the open suitors in the kingdom. The idea terrified Star, marrying someone she only met. Why couldn't she marry the Earth Boy that she loved ever since she met him? Why was she cursed with this horrid job she didn't ask for? Why couldn't she be a normal girl? The conversation with her parents that night was not a pleasant one. She remembers it vividly:

Flashback:

"Star dear, we have something important to tell you," her mother said breaking the silence of the three.

" I know mom keep your elbows off the table, sit up straight, no wands on the table! I already know, I'm not a child," Star said, already irritated with her mother.

Carrying on Moon replied," No, not this time. This is more.... serious about the future of Mewni." Intrigued, Star looked up, paying attention to her mother's words. Moon Continued," As you may know, you're turning 25 in a couple of weeks. Do you wonder why this Birthday is more crucial than the others?" Star shook her head, still not understanding where this conversation was headed."This year, you have to choose a husband," Moon said all of a sudden, trying to force a smile at what was supposed to be a happy suprise. It was apperant that it want not.

Star's world went crushing down at that same moment. Rebels could have came and slaughtered everyone in the palace, monsters could've came and taken over again, Anything could've been better than what she just heard.

Flashback Over

" Princess Star, we need you in the fitting room to fit your gown for the ball in a few days," Said a maid, a little younger than Star. Star's smile, went back to a frown. Star groaned, something her mother would've chatised her for doing.

"I'll be there in a few minutes, Marcy is it?" The young girl smiled and nodded her head in agreement.

"Yes ma'am. I'll tell the others you are on your way!" She curtsied and ran to the door, down to the long corridor. Star sat on her bed and put her hands in her face, and cried. It wasn't fair. She did want to marry but he wasn't a Mewman. Why didn't her parents understand that? Why did she have to do this?