Chapter 17

********4 Years Later********

"So your grandma brought you up here" Adam Elmakias asked as he sat down on the rug he laid out for us both.

"Yeah it was our special place" I smiled as I took his hand in mine.

"That's sweet. The place I ran to when I was scared or lonely was a dark back-alley because that's all we had in my hometown. Nothing like this"

"I used to come up here after Grandma passed away and I sat here for hours, whatever the weather. I always wanted to share this with somebody else. Someone special." I could feel a tear build up but I blinked it away. I didn't want to spoil this perfect moment.

"How do you know you chose the right person?"

"Because I- I love you" I blurted out but I didn't regret it.

"I love you too" Adam spoke back instantly.

We kissed as the sun started to set over the town.

"Oh, let's quickly get the shots before it is too late" he winked.

Simultaneously, we both stood up and photographed the brilliant sight that presented itself before us.

While shooting, I watched with an unwavering gaze, as a fiery red orb of light slowly sank beneath the horizon. The warm glare is finally closing for the day. Threads of light lingered in the sky, mingling with the rolling clouds as it dyed the heavens first orange, then red, then dark blue, until all that was left of the sunset was a chalky mauve. Once that melted away, a darkness took over the sky. Sequin-silver stars like the glowing embers of a dying fire winked down at me, illuminating the
tremendous curtain of sky. Suddenly, the clouds parted, and I found myself looking at a lustrous, argent disc casting brilliant rays of moonlight onto the dark grounds.

As time goes on, the sun has gone to see the rest of the world and will be back in the morning.

Everything was perfect again.

I had Adam and Adam had me. Finally, I was doing what I love - photography - for living with someone who I adore and admire. Through it all, I have had a rough time in my life, but now that has all been sorted out and I'm okay again. Everything was right.

What could be better?

--------------------------------------

(A/N)
That's it, end of the fanfic! Sorry it has an abrupt ending. I didn't want to drag it on too much.

Thank you so much for reading! It means so much and I'm not just saying that :D

Thanks again :P

xx